Raven 1 rearend transformed in Raven 2 rearend?

Right, so you have the rear arm from '98/'99 which was used with shorter shocks like on your Raven.
My Super V has the CAAD4 rear arm and has a longer Fox shock, think it's 165mm i2i.

DSC00273.jpg

The Raven in your OP has the cast rear arm which is dimensionally the same as the CAAD4 rear arm which are intended to use longer travel shocks.
If you compare the shock rear mounting on both the Ravens, the one in your OP looks to have a mounting adapter of some sort between rear shock mount and arm, to lengthen shorter shock so that frame geometry is the same as original.
This would tie-in with your "I think he made an adjustment" comment.
I think you should have no problem using the rear arm you've fitted along with the shorter travel shock.
Hopefully somebody else will reply if I'm talking bollocks.

raven

Oke, my rearshocklength eye2eye is now 145mm, so if I use the triangle rearend of the raven 2 I`ll need a longer shock...? :oops:

If you fit the rear arm with the set back rear shock mount you will need a longer shock or fit spacer/adapter like Raven in your OP, if you want to keep frame geometry the same.

The standard length of shock on a Raven 1 I don't know as all my info came from me Googling/searching for Super V info, nothing specifically about Ravens.
Have you tried searching for info on sites such as vintage cannondale? I'm sure you'll find it if you do, at least it'll be quicker than asking on here then waiting days for an answer.

raven

old_coyote_pedaller":4dgbw6m1 said:
If you fit the rear arm with the set back rear shock mount you will need a longer shock or fit spacer/adapter like Raven in your OP, if you want to keep frame geometry the same.

The standard length of shock on a Raven 1 I don't know as all my info came from me Googling/searching for Super V info, nothing specifically about Ravens.
Have you tried searching for info on sites such as vintage cannondale? I'm sure you'll find it if you do, at least it'll be quicker than asking on here then waiting days for an answer.

Thanks ...vintage cannondale does`nt have that info
:cry: ..............

Up !

As you know, I have the ex-jskdog Raven at home :

h0kh.jpg

...and I just find an announce for this black Jekyll swingarm :

k27q.jpg

Anyone here allready did this conversion ?
Is it possible, and easy ?

I saw a Jekyllised Raven one on the web, with this modified swingarm :

y7sp.jpg

Is it the only way to use a Jekyll swingarm on a Raven 1 ?

Would it work the same if I extend the shock (with a simple turned alloy part) instead of extend the swingarm (with a complicated reamed part) ?

Thank you in advance..

If you are going to use a CAAD4 swing-arm why not just get a longer I2I shock instead of pissing about with shock extenders or mount adaptors? You'll get more rear travel on suspension in line with what you get with the Lefty on front.
Or are you thinking about the cast swing-arm? Wouldn't buy one to put on as they are prone to cracking, as I wrote before, Cannondale replaced them free of charge with the later arms to the original owners so they thought they were a bit iffy reliability wise.

What I want on my Raven is this big Jekyll swingarm :

k27q.jpg

Is that part who often cracks ?

I can't use another shock than original Raven one (or Risse aftermarket), because of the attachement on the frame, which is specific to this bike.

Yes that's the one that cracks. The one on my Super V was cracked, that's why I replaced it with a CAAD4 from a Jekyll.
What is so specific about the front mount on frame for shock? Had a look on Vintage Cannondale but pics are no good. Put a pic up to see if this can be circumvented.

Back