Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all ,
Was out off road the other night when I got a flat . Put another tube in , only for my Blackburn air stick pump to fail on me :facepalm: Thankfully it was a group ride so another rider stayed with me , while the rest of the bunch went on to the finish only a few miles away from the end . Cheers Dan , I owe you one mate .Can anyone recommend a good replacement for mine ? I have heard that Blackburn offer a lifetime guarantee , something I will look into . Also , it became apparent that my front light is crap :roll: Can anyone also recommend good ones of these for 'bar and helmet fitting ?
All help gratefully received
Mike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ive got a halfords/bikehut one, didnt buy it came on a stip n flip bike but its good quality and works a treat.

Another vote for Leyzene pumps. I have one of these: http://www.cyclingmailorder.co.uk/lezyn ... rrency=GBP, it's not as small as some pumps, but the mini track pump design makes it much easier to get tyres up to full pressure than some of the really small pumps I've tried. It's really nicely made too.

There's a couple of threads on the forum about lights; do you want an all-in-one unit or a separate light and battery pack type?

as far as lights go, how powerful do you need it to be?

I have a few different variations of the Chinese ebay jobbies and they're brilliant, just make sure you have rechargeable batteries for the 300 lumen ones

Thanks all , may check out the Lezyne pumps . Anything that works and doesn't leave me too knackered to ride my bike afterwards will be helpful . Does the mini track pump fit in a back pocket I wonder ? As for the light , I just need to see where I'm putting the front wheel , not for high speed downhilling . I'm too old and wise for any of that malarkey Max :LOL:
Mike :cool:

Back