Saturday 14th September - Meet up at Hook Norton

The Stow option sounds good, esp with a cuppa into the bargain, thanks for the invitation.

The thing is, I have afflicted myself with a little sportscar into which a bike cannot be bundled.

Also, I have spent the day psyching myself up for the ton. If Boris Imperator of Londinium can do it, why not me at half his weight? 4hrs each way compared to Karl's 3hrs.

Besides, I can always bunk off to the railway station at Leamington if the old clockwork mechanism runs down. Which it might. The costwolders seem to have strewn quite a lot of contour lines about the place!

Karl,

Any updates on when your convoy should be arriving in hooky?

Is Matty & Darren riding?

Can start making plans this end :cool:

Dave

daj":33yxfceg said:
Karl,

Any updates on when your convoy should be arriving in hooky?

Is Matty & Darren riding?

Can start making plans this end :cool:

Dave

Not heard anything from the terrible twosome, i'll drop them a text today. I'm aiming to arrive at The Pear Tree for opening time (1200).

any updates to this? Its the weekend before a horrendous charity ride so needs to be clocking up some miles ideally. I take it none of the "social" requesters are coming?

daj":wv4tbt6o said:
any updates to this? Its the weekend before a horrendous charity ride so needs to be clocking up some miles ideally. I take it none of the "social" requesters are coming?

I'll be popping down regardless :LOL:

In tow will be Ken and two non-RB'ers Ian and John. Still aiming to arrive at the pub for 1200. And come on 'pootlers', where are you? This is the perfect opportunity for a gentle spin and if the pace is a concern then the centralish location means you can potter down to the meet point at a speed that suits you.

Map of the route for us northerners to follow...

Here it is, courtesy of Ken - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=2&i ... ce4e15169e

I had been keeping an eye on this and was thinking of making it my last ride until next spring. However, I will be down in Devon at a family party so have a good one everybody!

Back