The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

legrandefromage":142qkdwx said:
Audiolab amps used to make holes

I like the way they silk screen the part type on the board... as though in preparation... :LOL:

apache":3thrlbhh said:
legrandefromage":3thrlbhh said:
Audiolab amps used to make holes

I like the way they silk screen the part type on the board... as though in preparation... :LOL:

Yer no fillin me full o' confidence here :LOL:

Not unless you have some quadraphonic records and a 4 channel pickup cartridge.

Just putting this out there ...

... does anyone have a Cyrus One they don't want anymore?
Or another 'quirky' integrated amplifier suitable for a 'minimal outlay' 2nd system?

i-am-iron-man":3dvbqzgv said:
Just putting this out there ...

... does anyone have a Cyrus One they don't want anymore?
Or another 'quirky' integrated amplifier suitable for a 'minimal outlay' 2nd system?

I still have the Aura Evolution. Not as small as the Cyrus but built just as well and from the same era.

Also......

having fried my power amp (Audiolab 8000P) I now have the pre/integrated (Audiolab 8000A) bi-wired up on its own and ya know what - it sounds feekkiinn amazin' . Better maybe :?

Why????

It sounds great on its own, although I've also stuck Linn speaker cables on but they're not gonna change anything. Switching between Linn Keilidhs and Mission 753s and its bliss.

Missions playing better on loud rock, Linns brilliant on vocals/acoustic/melodies.
Was listening last night an it was like a Roman Candle of sound exploding in the room, notes bouncing off walls and coming at me from behind. No I'm not a druggie.

I'm no Linn Snob either - its just that the gear sounds great AND it is made in Eaglesham
(Waterfoot actually) LOL - which is where I used to cycle/walk/fish as a nipper. Long, long ago in a land far, far away :LOL:

HELP!

Isn't the power amp an integrated without a pre-amp? Also, bi-wiring. You might want to consider bi-amping as biwiring doesn't do anything (except when your on drugs ;) )

Missions have always had a thing for rock. I'd still love a pair of 770s if I could get some for a non-stupid price.

apache":16gmiaf2 said:
Isn't the power amp an integrated without a pre-amp? Also, bi-wiring. You might want to consider bi-amping as biwiring doesn't do anything (except when your on drugs ;) )

Missions have always had a thing for rock. I'd still love a pair of 770s if I could get some for a non-stupid price.

In tekky terms I dunno - the 8000A is integrated but can be used as a pre/control. The 8000P is power only, big black box with an on/off switch. They were bi-amped until I broke the 8000P :LOL:
Biwiring - well it made me feel good at the time.

Things which have made a difference to my ears (and all this stuff is 1990s or earlier):
1 - Switching to Audiolab amp after Acoustic Research amp
2 - Switching to Micromega Stage 3 CD after Rega Planet CD playa
3 - Linn Sondek - yep
4 - Yamaha natural sound cassette deck after any other cassette deck
5 - Mission 753 after Mordaunt Short floodstanders
6 - Mission 753 v Linn Keilidh - jury still out, Both excellent - both different :cool:

Cassette decks - remember them :?:

Funny thing is that I don't notice the lack of power from the 8000P now :shock:

Back