Curtlo Advanced Mountaineer SOLD

Re: Curtlo Advanced Mountaineer

Forgive my ignorance, but at the risk of derailing your thread why/how does the chainstay length preclude ss? Obviously it'd need a tensioner but other than that... :?

If it's more than a one-post answer I'll take it elsewhere so as not to distract from selling this beauty! :LOL:

elPedro666":xvgdjb2j said:
Forgive my ignorance, but at the risk of derailing your thread why/how does the chainstay length preclude ss? Obviously it'd need a tensioner but other than that... :?

If it's more than a one-post answer I'll take it elsewhere so as not to distract from selling this beauty! :LOL:

With a tensioner SS is a possibility!
Without one it isn't. On some frames the chainstay length is such that it is possible to find "the magic ratio" where a certain 'ring/cog combination can be used without a tensioner. This frame has exactly 16.75" stays which have no useable magic ratio possibilities unless the chain is quite worn. http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php
Even with a half link the desireable ratios (+/_ 2:1) would leave quite a saggy chain.

Ah, intriguing! I'll get the tape measure out later and have a look through that chart - see whether I'm wasting a tensioner, cheers!

I look at this thread really more than I should do. If the vicious was 't so nice you'd have a pm by now, have a bump instead.

elPedro666":1qzyc3o8 said:
Ah, intriguing! I'll get the tape measure out later and have a look through that chart - see whether I'm wasting a tensioner, cheers!
You could always use an eccentric BB, Phil, Trickstuff or Forward Components, or White Inds rear hub. Much neater than a tensioner!
You need this frame! ;)

Back