Funnyish joke...lol

Am i missing something or are some of you agreeing with me - times have changed and attitudes have changed. This is reflected by the demise of the Black and White Minstrel Show. Amazingly, the title of the show is currently acceptable but the content is not!

This discussion is interesting but posters should be a bit careful about their language as things are different when in type and when they are spoken (i am just being helpful).

Richard

I used to love the Black & White Minstrel show when I was a kid; prescribed viewing for millions in its time...

...and I had a Golliwog.

I could not be bothered to look up the name of the MC but i remember it too. Strange how time changes things and i wonder if it is on youtube somewhere (again i cannot be bothered to check).

See my last post on the other thread -

RB Rox!!!!

Richard

We_are_Stevo":1kzwpj6l said:
I used to love the Black & White Minstrel show when I was a kid; prescribed viewing for millions in its time...

...and I had a Golliwog.

I really really wanted one of the metal pin badges from roberssons marmalade. I fking hate the stuff but convinced mum to keep buying it, i was nearly shoving it down the familys throat :LOL: :LOL:

A few tokens short and the image became taboo :shock: :shock: I was heartbroken*.

*Happened twice
By the god of luck i got one of the ring pulls from a can of coke for the gold plated Yo-Yo (one of 10,000 or 1000 worldwide) Over the moon with such luck(probably 15 at the time) i put it for safe keeping behind the clock in our longue with the intention of sorting out posting it to cocacola . I got home to find mum had found it and chucked it out. It was the day the bin men came so that was the bloody end of that :( Devastated

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back