The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for the RB market to price:

Tushingham B52.

Very solid frame/fork/stem/bars. Some 400EX bits and original wheels and cassette.

Having a cull (saving for a FAT bike...... :shock: )

What do you reckon is a fair price?

Agent Orange":3igv38dc said:
Any ideas what my 1997 P7 is worth? I think it's a 17" but not sure.

I should have the original angry Orange seat in a box though I don't recall seeing the original bars recently. I've had it from new and whilst I used it a fair bit in the first year or so hardly at all since. I never could get on with the geometry of the frame and always felt too far over the bars with back stretched.

Parts are middle to lower, forks are pretty basic (I know from experience), but nice and tidy frame. The value is all in the frame, and the later models dont seem to fetch so much.

I'd say realistically about £130-150 as my guess.

You might make more splitting, but the modern deore v brakes and rear mech dont sell that much as they are cheap enough to buy in the first place.

If you are keeping it, then change those cranks. They are made of cheese.

coomber":1bfcdxgr said:
Parts are middle to lower, forks are pretty basic (I know from experience), but nice and tidy frame. The value is all in the frame, and the later models dont seem to fetch so much.

I'd say realistically about £130-150 as my guess.

Cheers for info and more than I thought to be honest. Frame is in bloody good condition. I do tend to look after my kit. Helps it's probably seen less than 20 miles, all on road, in the last years! :)

Give's me food for thought as my plan was to move as many of the parts over to a Santa Cruz Chameleon for a play bike.

ie. Wheels, gears, brakes and crank.

Not entirely sure the man maths work out but... :)

1986 Overburys 700c road bike in good condition. Shimano something set (ie not Campag).

It's called a "Connoisseur S". Mostly Shimano 600.

I have a pair of 91/92 XT-73..something wheels built up with Mavic M 231 CD rims that I've decided won't get used. I bought the hubs lightly used but boxed a few years ago plus a NOS XT UG90 chromed cassette and NOS black anodized rims. I got them built up with DT spokes and put them on my Clockwork which I then rode for about 5 mins and then hung on my wall (see below Clockwork 91 link). So, they are a full set of wheels with NOS cassette and rims plus minty but used hubs and QRs. I still have the boxes for hubs and cassette which I'll throw in on the deal for authenticity.

What would be a fair price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back