Funnyish joke...lol

There's nothing at all wrong with laughing at Jim Davidson, but I draw the line at laughing at his jokes. :p

A man goes to a party with an english man, scotsman, irish man, polish man, german, chinese man, nigerian, and a indian.
The door man says you lot can't come in.
Why not they ask ?
Well i can't let you in without a thai.

videojetman":323qdpb1 said:
Well i can't let you in without a thai.
smiley-laughing021.gif

Racist jokes can be funny aslong as you remember its a joke. If you censored all joke for fear of offending some one all we would have left is christmas cracker jokes. Oh and I apologise to all non christians that dont have crimbo crackers.

Its because of people who don't see the funny side of jokes these days
and being in the EU that has ruined it for many UK holiday makers who
visit local places like Skegness or Yarmouth! You see all funny but rude
postcards are banned from sales from every gift shop, If you see these
cards still forsale they are illegal but who gives a shit anyway.

smiley-finger006.gif

Try a similar discussion about the 'N' word with very tough kids in a history lesson. Often despite their issues and youth they grasp the complexities of the history of the adoption and derogatory usage of words and their etymologies, leading to a greater respect for their taboo status, therefore lessening usage in and out of the classroom when not solely amongst their social group.

Everyone knows about the Dambusters! You know the film in which a dozen or so Lanc's
flew to Germany to blow up Dam's, Well the Commander was Guy Gibson and his dog was called
'Nigger' and when the Dam's where breached the code name was 'Nigger' too.

Stephen Fry and Peter Jackson have been making a new Dambusters film they are making
the film as authentic as possible but they have hit a problem! In this new film the EU have
told them they are not allowed to call the dog 'Nigger' and are not allowed have to code name
'nigger' for when the Dam's were breached.

Stephen & Peter told them this film is not about racism but history and told the EU he will use
that name, the EU said if you do, the film will be banned from viewing.

On the other end of the stick about Schools! Ask yourself why there is no Blackboard :facepalm:

Also Gollywogs figures/pins were banned because they was black but now back in production but they are now blue :roll:

Just when will it end! NEVER and can only get worse.

Urban myths re 'black' prefix a la blackboard, chalk board etc. I remember the so called loony left trying this in Camden and Brent way back but generally common sense has prevailed.

As far as I am aware, context of language is more important with he majority of words such as black. When paired with an insult it takes on a different racial meaning rather than describing the colour of an object such as a board.

Feel free to argue otherwise.

On the original joke, I would say racist. ...........but funny, despite the racial stereotyping being relied upon to bolster the punchline.

Why not? Given the historical stereotyping and seen in that context, it doesn't change the structure/nature of the joke. Lots of people found the black and white minstrel show or al Jolson entertaining or freak shows for that matter. Doesn't make them correct by current societal standards.

Not a joke I would ever tell these days but when I was at school as a pupil in the 70s I would suggest it wouldn't be considered offensive at all.

Edit: hence no repeats of the extremely popular 'Love Thy Neighbour' sit com.

Back