Brake boss flex..Your thoughts please.

Reposted pic -should work now.

Also dawned on me that I'm using Campag Stheno rims -The surface of these rims are concave :facepalm:

New pads, deffo
Likely use my odyssey brace instead of this Shimano one

There is a bit of fore/aft play in the M950 linkage. This is about the sides flexing outwards away from the rim though more than anything.

Should I let the pads 'bed in' to the shape of the rim naturally or can I shape them carefully to match??

saulus":3glfxf9h said:
Kinda :facepalm: (technically clueless about the Hope bit)...You're on about this mounting bracket :

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=253565

being used with an Odyssey B booster (I have a very similar one in my spares box) I just need you to clarify slightly by telling me which holes on the caliper mount ;)
This is option 2 to try if 'suburbanruebens' idea doesn't work :cool:

Cheers for all the input gents.

Actually its not the brake mount im referring to . On the link- look at the torque arm coming off that mount. It goes up to a brake boss and bolts on ?? Got that :) ?
Now. consider that, all the force from the Disc mount goes into the one side only(well it is obviously attached to one side) How would you spread that load?? Fit a brake booster because that will spread the load between BOTH brake pivots(to clarify) the 'brake pivots' are the pegs V brakes and cantis mount on to)

Now look at your pic of the carbon booster bolted on to both the pegs. Look at the top of it and behind :? What do you see? Correct- the seat stay bridge(little short tube with hole directly in the middle)
Now. what is your booster had another hole in the top of it, like the mounting holes on the sides.

Follow now??

Attachments

• DSC_0966_zpsd2fb3080.jpg
    DSC_0966_zpsd2fb3080.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 346
Thank you Dyna-ti...

I think that some of this has been lost in translation Sir. I'm not going to get into the details of what I did or did not understand or the possibility that the tone you are using is risking being interpreted as a bit sarcastic??

Although I am disappointed by your clarifying of your explanation!! I thought you were coming out with a creative and original engineering solution there..not what Fluffy chicken said in like one sentence. Which sums up beautifully what you describe as a 'triangular fixing point system'

FluffyChicken":2cqykpuf said:
But if you switch to an Odessey U4 booster, you may be able to bolt the top into the stay bridge. Stopping it from splaying forwards/backwards.

But I do like your rather swish red line on the photo pointed at the hole in the seatstay bridge between the brake bosses ;)

I have one of these which ought to help..

Cheers

No sarcasm. You really have to know me personally to get the full banter treatment :LOL: but there was nothing implied, i was just using the phraseology to clarify each point

I am 18 stone and my seat stays are on the limit of flex all of the time, ergo, flex under braking is negligible.

Remedy for your problem?
Kebabs, three times a week for 6 months!

joss":2pn3qgxx said:
I am 18 stone and my seat stays are on the limit of flex all of the time, ergo, flex under braking is negligible.

Remedy for your problem?

and i see a way of strengthening your stays.
Have the local blacksmith weld the old kebab skewers to the stays to stiffen them. ;)

joss":3ir8jz5b said:

Remedy for your problem?

I'm a feather compared to you then :D I have some way to got then at least, I could rack up another 2/3 stone. Must try harder.

dyna-ti":3ir8jz5b said:
and i see a way of strengthening your stays.
Have the local blacksmith weld the old kebab skewers to the stays to stiffen them. ;)

Think I will stick to your previous advice as my blacksmith says he is too busy..

Back