WTD : Original late Mountain Goat Decals

John

The way you describe them it sounds like a cast metallic vinyl cut and clear coated into the paintwork

Do you have a close up picture of the down tube decal, just a case of matching the vinyl colour and re-drawing the later logo, all possible

The first flight ones are not even close.

gil_m":3ctf7gsq said:
John

The way you describe them it sounds like a cast metallic vinyl cut and clear coated into the paintwork

Do you have a close up picture of the down tube decal, just a case of matching the vinyl colour and re-drawing the later logo, all possible

Gil,

grand, didn't think you were on for decal work for the moment.

attached example, let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• 2013-04-03 14.53.54.jpg
    2013-04-03 14.53.54.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 1,119
:facepalm: me and my big mouth

Major work to get a good match to those, if at all possible, hard to tell but is the "rainbow" shadow reflective as such or a consistant tone?

John,
I hadn't appreciated you wanted the newer block type decals - apologies.
I have the same ones on my WTR, which I am thinking of replacing, as I think they may not be correct on a 93 frame? Do you happen to know when the block type ones were first used?
If you would like photos or scans of of mine (see Wadsy's build) then you're more than welcome.

@Carge, of course, thanks for your help either way.

Think they may be right on a 93.

@Gil, thought they'd be tricky. The entire outline is the reflective rainbow effect.

Nope. Quite an old thread this one. Gil had a look but given the 'holo' outline think he reckoned it would be too tricky really...

Back