1997 Altitude T.O.

Tiny but very nice upgrade :)

DSC_1185.JPG

I_am_Will":3mqwv7m0 said:
Really a cool bike. I have seen this in action :cool:

Cheers,
Will

Very nice ride and commitment to detail on the restoration! Looks beautiful!!!!
Welcome to the Altitude T.O. club. Owned mine since new in 97...and will never ever sell it!

PS: For your reference during the rebuild...apart from the tires and seat, this is the exact stock spec for 1997.

Attachments

• TO 1.JPG
    TO 1.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 603
bje":3irsmfbo said:
Very nice ride and commitment to detail on the restoration! Looks beautiful!!!!
Welcome to the Altitude T.O. club. Owned mine since new in 97...and will never ever sell it!

PS: For your reference during the rebuild...apart from the tires and seat, this is the exact stock spec for 1997.

I'm going to correct my last statement. The 97 didn't come with any bar ends. Those race face ti bar ends were off my 93 Altitude. Loved em too much to give them up! Synchros seat post, Judy steering tube, and Ritchey WCS pedals were also ti stock spec tidbits.

We are not that far apart on the s/n. I'm 7098!

Thanks! Good to see there are more out there. I think the serial first digit (7) is the indicator for the model year, here 1997. Some other details I like about your bike is the red seatpost clamp (mine is black) and the red RealSeal headset. Currently I have a black Chris King installed but defo a red RaceFace would suit better and will match with the red Turbines.

Troje, what a beautiful build you have going and what a find on the frame. It must have been in storage for a decade like mine was! Enjoy!!!

Thanks bje, appreciate! I'd be happy to see your bike with a bit more pictures in a separate thread.

I actually posted it about a year ago in the bikes >97 section. I think someone had asked me to post some outside close ups which I forgot to do. I'll have to resurrect the thread and add the extra pics.

Just heading out for a family ride now. Have a great day!

I changed the tyres for some decent Tioga skinwalls. Not unhappy with the result.

foto%25205%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Next to pick up is to work on the wheels. I have a nice green Ringle hub ready to be laced in, but I'm not sure if I should go for black rims or silver rims. The rear hub currently fitted is a black Chris King that needs a service, I'm not sure what to do with it. Maybe change it for a matching Ringle? Any ideas more than welcome.

foto%25201%2520%252815%2529.JPG

Together with it's older sister:

foto%25202%2520%252812%2529.JPG

Back