The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

Beer does definitely help, but I think there is a psychological effect. If you're in a good mood, music sounds better.

Some people would suggest that your mains supply is cleaner, but I struggle to find evidence that this matters a whole lot on anything other than badly designed (ie. very high end expensive) kit.

.........................so do scantily clad vixens moving in a pelvicly thusting manner. Well I think so.

Just blown a fuse in me power amp too :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

clockworkgazz":2bs0stek said:
Why is it that your hi-fi sounds so much better late at night? I get that there is less other noise in the wee small hours and possibly the amp has warmed up too but to me it sounds "so" much better.....?

what apache and panda said + what you said + depends how far away you're sitting, where you're sitting and how long ago you switched the thermostat down or off.

http://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/Demos/r ... fract.html

Your hearing changes as evening comes on - if you find somewhere out in the open and sit quietly, you can feel it happen. Its a throw back to the days of listening for predators.

It has nothing to do with the equipment or the mains, or the music. Alcohol does play a part too but try the above, its usually just after sunset.

Mr Panda":t6fi3dm2 said:
.........................so do scantily clad vixens moving in a pelvicly thusting manner. Well I think so.

Just blown a fuse in me power amp too :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Bugger!

:cry:

Apache - you have a message :facepalm:

Back