Paul Donohue strip and rebuild - advice needed

Thanks Finney,

The only reason I mentioned shot blasting was because I wanted to sound like I knew what I was talking about :LOL:
I read on Ellis Briggs and Bob Jackson's site that before they paint they shot blast the frames.
Whenever I've had my mountain bike frames painted I've taken them to the soda blaster which has always done a great job. I just thought with it being so rough I'd leave it to the pros this time

Cheers

I think it's the agent that they use in the "shot" thats the critical point - I can't for the life of me find the thread on here where someone had a super-thin tubed frame blasted and it made a real mess of it. MTB tubing vs. Columbus tubing will have very different thicknesses, so just make sure they're competent!

Shouldn't take a huge amount of work to get that bike as you want it - good find.

It could be chemically cleaned and tidied with nylon bead blasting....... I really like yellow bikes :D

Shaun

Thanks again for the replies,I think budget wise the chrome is out the window so I'll strip it down in the next couple of weeks and choose between Bob Jackson or Ellis Briggs for the paint

Cheers,Mick

Back