Orange prestige,i think!

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've just won this on eBay which i'm planning to restore,i haven't had it delevired yet but just wanting to know any pointers on how to tell what year it's from or even if it's a prestige. These are the only pics i've got at the min.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,055
Re: Orange prestige

V nice - 1992 Orange Prestige, same as mine :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165204

I think the purple/orange looks ace too, quite a rare colour :cool:

Clockwork came in the same colour, there are some small differences between the two but yours is identical to mine from what I can see.

Weigh the frame when you get it ;)

Dossa":3fo07n9i said:

Clockwork came in the same colour, there are some small differences between the two but yours is identical to mine from what I can see.

Just been looking at yours,you've done a cracking build the orange and purple looks lovely it really stands out. The seller says it could do with a respray which i'm tempted to do anyway. What sought off weight am i looking for if its a prestige??

Spanky22b":2qj1oqai said:
Dossa":2qj1oqai said:

Just been looking at yours,you've done a cracking build the orange and purple looks lovely it really stands out. The seller says it could do with a respray which i'm tempted to do anyway. What sought off weight am i looking for if its a prestige??

Long forgotten the bare frame weight i'm afraid.. :oops:

But have a peak here as well --> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231419&start=15

Give it a good going over with T-Cut/Autoglym/Turtle wax etc then decide if its needs a respray - would be a shame to lose the original colour though..

Dossa":1akxsqwm said:
Spanky22b":1akxsqwm said:
Dossa":1akxsqwm said:

Long forgotten the bare frame weight i'm afraid.. :oops:

But have a peak here as well --> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231419&start=15

Give it a good going over with T-Cut/Autoglym/Turtle wax etc then decide if its needs a respray - would be a shame to lose the original colour though..

Cheers for that link,I'm hoping it doesn't need a respray and all it needs is a clean and some replacement stickers :)

Here's a couple more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 937
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 937
Ah!!!

So it was you that outbid me?

I'd set a ceiling price and decided to stick to my guns. sorry I did.

Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this one with interest

SpaceFlightOrange":2uxvp2hm said:
Ah!!!

So it was you that outbid me?

I'd set a ceiling price and decided to stick to my guns. sorry I did.

Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this one with interest

Yeah it was me mate,i've been after an early orange to add to my collection for a while now. I'm just hoping its got paint on the other side of the frame :LOL: saying the only pictures were of the right hand side :)

Spanky22b":gsogwwo8 said:
Yeah it was me mate,i've been after an early orange to add to my collection for a while now. I'm just hoping its got paint on the other side of the frame :LOL: saying the only pictures were of the right hand side :)

It was ideal for me as I don't live too far away and could have collected. Oh well.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe it was that side that had the re-spray. The visible side looked fine

Back