Rockshox Servicing and Seals?

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The o-ring seals in the MoCo damper in my 2008 Recon Race forks have failed (lockout failed and the travel is reduced) and I need to replace them.
I have a few questions:
1. Is the replacement of the o-rings as simple as it sounds in the manual, not serviced a fork before and I'm keen to have a go?
2. Should I get the RS o-ring seal kit or is there something better (this was a common weak spot apparently)?
3. Where is the best place to buy the kit (anywhere in the UK or should I just order from the ebay US suppliers) or seals?
4. What's the best oil to buy and where is a good place to get it?

This is the seal kit I am currently looking at:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RockShox- ... 3a8463c2d5

Cheers,

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Get some new wipers seals and foam rings as well because you might as well do that at the same time.

suburbanreuben":1vcp9235 said:
Rock Shox are a piece of cake to work on and TFTuned will have everything you need.

You would appear to be correct with that statement (about being a piece of cake), they came apart in less than 10 minutes and are in perfect condition inside with only the oil leak and a missing rebound adjuster knob problems.

Will have a look at TF tuned for the parts.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back