What 70's saddle?

Too late I already typed it:

Box Construction Clinchers:

Rigida ALU in the new narrow width, 27 inch or 700c $11.88 each
Super Champion Clincher 700c or 27 inch May not always be in stock, $12.88 each
Fiamme Yellow Label 27 inch only. Best buy at $6.88 each

New Tubular Type Construction Clincher Rims (improved rigidity and reduced weight) :

Mavic Module Series 3 and E, 27 inch or 700c $12.88 each
E is 19.7mm wide/3 is 22 mm wide

Rigida 13-19, 27 inch or 700c
inside dimension is 13mm outside 19mm.

Notes

1977 is the year of rim proliferation with many firms offering their best models in narrow, for 25-28mm tires, and normal for 28mm and wider tires. To avoid confusion in ordering the typical skinwall tire which has been on the market for the last several years is about 31 to 34 mm wide. The Michelin Elan National Extra, Vittoria, Clement and others are 25mm which is the narrowest Clincher size made. To order the correct rim remember that you must use the narrow version for any 25mm tire

That's excellent, thanks.

I have all those on my list, but had not worked out what the difference was between the Mavic 3 and E, so that's really useful information.

NeilM":17wrcfsk said:
Arius saddle secured and delivered. :mrgreen:

FWIW, the '70s Milremo "professional'' saddle was a foam/leather covered Arius- or at least the one on my bike is...

My Arius is covered in leather (fnar fnar).

By the looks of it, it was originally suede, but over the years, many miles of use have polished it all up. It also has some reasonable padding.

Does your saddle say 'Arius' on the leather top anywhere, or just embossed in the plastic on the underside? Mine used to have an oval on either side, like a Unica, except saying: 'Milremo professional'. Very faint now, after nearly forty years! If your saddle doesn't have 'Arius' on the leather, chances are it was originally sold as a Milremo pro.

Ohhh, just had a look and it is embossed on either side with an oval logo.

It is pretty faint, but I can just make out ...MO and enough other letters to make me think that my Arius is actually my Milremo.......

Nope, can't make that into a smutty double entendre, so it looks like I have a Milremo Pro, thanks for the information.

:)... Yeah, well dense foam on those- a good thing IMO. I never compared it with a Unica, but less 'squidgy' than many a perch!
002.JPG

It has a very similar feel to my Ritchey Logic saddle.

Anyway, as long as it's correct for the period, I'm happy, and the fact it cost less than a tenner posted helps too. :mrgreen:

IIRC a fiver in the late '70s, but adjusting for inflation, you beat me hands down.. :( ... :)

Apologies for derailing your rim-search.

torqueless":3vyx76vi said:
Apologies for derailing your rim-search.

No problem, it's not going too well, I may have to consider going to tubs, as there are a lot more rims available.

No rush though; as a winter project I don't think I'll start work until December-ish.

Back