Skinny slick rubber for 26" mtb

I have been buying amberwall continental grand prix 26"x1" off ebay for £19.95/pair delivered (still available).At that price they could have pink side walls.

I got my blackwall 26x1.0 Grand Prixs from Rose Bikes in a sale, but can't see the exact ones on there at the moment (they appear to have some that say 1 1/8" (MTB) which are either imperial and not MTB or the size is mislabelled) but they do have the 1.3 and 1.6 SportContact Reflexes, which have less tread on them than the Grand Prixs, though still not completely treadless.

[edit]
http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/cont ... /aid:49631

Conti GPs folders, extremely light, same width as rim, fast as ...!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 1,108
Finally plumped for Michelin wild run'r @ 26x 1.4" The extra .4 i suppose is a compromise over the 1" top slick i was considering.
Bought from the LBS sure i could have got it CRC for less but besides i could glean a little info as WB is really geared up for Roadies, thought he'd be a good person to ask. We had a look online anyway and Hutchenson doesnt have them listed so it could be theyve just been discontinued.

The michelin's were £20 each and he did the pair for £35. I dont mind paying the extra if it helps keep this type of repair shop in business. I only wish i could get all my bits from there but hey-ho such is life :(
a wee bit heavier than i was wanting but they'll do till i get an idea on what pure slicks are like .if all goes well ill get a pair of the top slicks from somewhere else :?

Schwalbe Speedrun? Black & silver 190g, 25 x 7/8" 23-559mm:
331-1000-750-0-0-1000-750

Similar to the Ultremo.

All the best,

danson67":hkjqpa4e said:
Schwalbe Speedrun? Black & silver 190g, 25 x 7/8" 23-559mm:
331-1000-750-0-0-1000-750

Similar to the Ultremo.

All the best,

On a mirror polished Ti :? Hmmmm

Wild Run'r 1.4s on my commuting Kona. Fitted about six weeks ago and feeling groovy. The 1.4 volume allows me to run them at about 60/65 psi; on the soft side, but greater comfort and more cornering grip than higher pressures. Squeaky and squirmy when they were very new, but now the MRA has scrubbed off, they feel as good as other slicks I've used. Really, I chose them for their looks more than anything, the fact that they're also cheap was a bonus! :)

Back