Ron cooper page

Plus one":3nf36mf6 said:
Thanks for sharing .. I'm no Ron Cooper expert but I'm not sure if what you have is a Ron Cooper ??

Hopefully someone with way more knowledge than me can confirm :)

Col :cool:
when I first saw the bike, I wasn't sure either. all I had was the 'C' on the headtube. and while the test ride felt good it was only around the parking lot and the bike was built up as a fixie. I have since showed it to Tony at A Bicycle Odyssey and he remembered the bike coming through the shop (Tony has met Ron several times and the exclusive distributor in the bay area for his frames...he still had a two of his frames hanging around...he's also digging around for a Cooper fork). and I also found this post: http://www.lfgss.com/thread90080.html
and found a few more photos of this bike, here is a shot of the wishbone stay. a riding buddy also remembers riding with a woman that had a Cooper with the same seatstay. bottom line, the ride is amazing!

Attachments

• DSCF4701sm.jpg
    DSCF4701sm.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,326
The flat black is stealthy, but I'm thinking of having it painting this winter, perhaps British Racing Green with white panels and gold lettering?

Agreed the black looks stealthy/cool which I feel looks better on a modern rig ... Your choice sounds classy.. Or a deep plum/burgundy with white panels/gold letters would look good too ?

Look forward to updates/pics

I like the burgundy but don't think it would work with the red kcnc brakes I'm using. here's a landshark with a paint scheme I find interesting. I'm thinking to change the copper to red and a slightly darker gray.

Attachments

• landshark oneup.jpg
    landshark oneup.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,196
fogrider":3oj24piu said:
Plus one":3oj24piu said:
Thanks for sharing .. I'm no Ron Cooper expert but I'm not sure if what you have is a Ron Cooper ??

when I first saw the bike, I wasn't sure either. all I had was the 'C' on the headtube. and while the test ride felt good it was only around the parking lot and the bike was built up as a fixie. I have since showed it to Tony at A Bicycle Odyssey and he remembered the bike coming through the shop (Tony has met Ron several times and the exclusive distributor in the bay area for his frames...he still had a two of his frames hanging around...he's also digging around for a Cooper fork). and I also found this post: http://www.lfgss.com/thread90080.html
and found a few more photos of this bike, here is a shot of the wishbone stay. a riding buddy also remembers riding with a woman that had a Cooper with the same seatstay. bottom line, the ride is amazing!

My good lady now rides this green Ron Cooper it's filet brazed columbus tubing , & is lovely

Markynag":z1mracqv said:
fogrider":z1mracqv said:
Plus one":z1mracqv said:

My good lady now rides this green Ron Cooper it's filet brazed columbus tubing , & is lovely

Well what you waiting for get some cool pics up ;)

Back