Peugeot Montana my new project!!

Nice one! It'll make a great bike I reckon.

I bid on one of those near me a few months ago but it went really high. I have an 87 Raleigh Avanti and since then I've got my 89 Muddy Fox Seeker so I think I'm sorted now for 80s bikes! Hence not keeping the Technium (which came before the Seeker too but has been edged out).

I always think of these as rugged tourers and that's what my Avanti will be when I eventually get it built. The Seeker is the stand-in for an upcoming trip to France with the family (so short rides only).

The seeker is a bit less relaxed and is my everyday hack for now. Better than a hack (by my standards) but not particularly a target for thieves so I can lock it and leave it.

What have you got in mind for this?

I'm planning on doing a catalogue build with it,i've got most of the parts just waiting for them to be posted. After that i need to find out what rims it had coz all it says in the catalogue is black anodised. If anyone knows what rims that'd be a big help after that everything will get a good polish and i'm tempted to enter it in BOTM if it comes up nice and shiny :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 444
hi spanks,

just seen this - looks amazing

i pmed you - rigida ctx 510 rims on this mate - i can get you a pair of these on xt730 hubs if you want, as per pm

i karma a very beat up montana frame and forks to kingoffootball. i included the stem as it was a funny size

maybe pm him, i'm not sure hes got far with it so may be willing to send it your way, as you build is looking so good

cant wait to see it finished

xxnick1975":3djac8gn said:
hi spanks,

just seen this - looks amazing

i pmed you - rigida ctx 510 rims on this mate - i can get you a pair of these on xt730 hubs if you want, as per pm

i karma a very beat up montana frame and forks to kingoffootball. i included the stem as it was a funny size

maybe pm him, i'm not sure hes got far with it so may be willing to send it your way, as you build is looking so good

cant wait to see it finished

Read your pm mate and that's the rims on it :D the mad thing is i've got a spare set of these rims laced to 7speed m730 hubs aswell :LOL:

I'll ask kingoffootball about the stem or if your reading this kingoffootball send me a pm if you'd like to sell it :)

I've found some nos tioga tange prestige bars i had lying around which i'll use. The remaining parts are in the post so all i need is a chain and the wheels laced up with new spokes and fit the 1.8 charge splash backs on and its good to go :D

Finished :roll: :LOL:

Three things i need : anyone have one of those vetta saddles lying around,that's the style of stem i'm after think it's a sakae gooseneck and it says on the spec list that it used Michelin tyres and the clutching at straws part has anyone got some nos 36 hole rigida ctx 510's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 487
Before this gets expensive buying stems that don't fit (just bought one which is 22.2mm and that didn't fit) i thought i'd see if any of you good people have an any idea what size stem the Montana took.

I just built this, its from 1988, i have the old stem, so i'll check the size, but i'm guessing it is 1" as the bullmoose bar is 1".
You've done a nice job of the bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 467
videojetman":aib7juw9 said:
I just built this, its from 1988, i have the old stem, so i'll check the size, but i'm guessing it is 1" as the bullmoose bar is 1".
You've done a nice job of the bike.

I like the look of your peugeot,have you done a build thread on it? Saying yours is from 1988 that would be brilliant if you could have a look they might of used the same sizes,this 1980's 1" stem size has me confused :LOL: there's so many!!

Here is what the bike was like before i rebuilt it.
Got it for less than £20. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 451
Just checked the old stem & it does seem an odd size, and it is thinner than a normal 1" steerer.
Pm me your address and i'll post the stem to you, if it works, cool.

Back