Policeman guilty of assault

We_are_Stevo":2dufb5v6 said:
highlandsflyer":2dufb5v6 said:
You are the blinkered bigot, deal with that.

Multiculturalism is in fine shape, practically none of us in the real world have any doubts about that.

I doubt your experience relates to the majority of the population.

:LOL: you're so far off the mark I can't even be bothered to take offence...

...though it is interesting that you have moved about as far away from your multicultural Utopia of a melting pot as is possible without getting your feet wet ;)

Anyway, you're boring me now, I have to go and plant a burning cross in someone's front garden!

Ignoramus.

My nearest city, not overtaken by the ravages of gun crime by the way, has a massive immigrant percentage. We still have a toe in the smoke too. Our choice to be here has nothing to do with escaping a multi cultural environment, and if you knew the area you wouldn't be stupid enough to infer such, it merely works for us. We have a choice and we have exercised it.

Jokers like you would expect us to keep to our designated areas, no doubt.

All the evidence suggests your views are part of the past. Anachronisms with increasingly short life spans.

Good riddance I say.

I actually do take offence at that; where, in anything I have said on this thread, did I advocate any format of segregation or apartheid?

Even without checking I distinctly remember putting that nothing was going to.come to a head in my lifetime, but that the indications are there compared to the historical evidence of past civilizations that have thought themselves invincible...

...the Romans Empire once covered most of the known world, until you come to Nero fiddling while Rome burned; to detract the over burgeoning population (drawn from across the Empire incidentally) from the parlous state of their society more and more amphitheater were built and the 'games' became more and more extreme.

We all know how that ended!

The Romans had the 'games,' we have 'reality TV!' :facepalm:

That sounds trite and childish, until you actually think about it...

highlandsflyer":9oxhbon1 said:
Yeah, imagine that.

Why would that make it any worse?
Because then it might be spit and sperm? That'd be worse to the 90% if not the RB luvvies.

highlandsflyer":9oxhbon1 said:
Multiculturalism is in fine shape, practically none of us in the real world have any doubts about that.
That's just bullshit. Lots of people are concerned rightly or wrongly that communities are being sectioned off into monocultures. I know Glasgow has several and it's far from alone.

Multiculturalism wouldn't be a constant feature in the news if everything was hunky dory like some make out.

don't believe everything you read, a very small minority have got their knickers in a twist. the rest of us get along fine

Indeed... mostly perpetrated by particular sections of the media for the purposes of sensationalism and winding up the reader/viewer/listener :facepalm: ]

G

I think the officer involved should be thanked for handing out a beating in the good old days if a youff did that he got a thick eye and dragged back to his parents house and probably got the same from his parents. I think the police should have more powers myself to control the way the treat the scum bags this ONCE great country and bring back an age of mutual respect that used to exist before the nanny state.

My rant is over and to be fair couldn't care if anyone disagree's

lumos2000":1gcv5fbt said:
don't believe everything you read, a very small minority have got their knickers in a twist. the rest of us get along fine
I did just write a longer response but thought better of posting it.

I get along fine with every culture. Or I do in the sense that I have virtually no interaction with any other than my own. So if that's multiculturalism I'm bang on it.

I don't think that it is though.

If multiculturalism was working the different nationalities wouldn't have self-segregated themselves the way they have in every major populated town and city...

...but anyway; during last year's country-wide self-help scheme, sorry, riots, the Met's woefully ineffective Bonsei-Bobbies were shown how to do it properly by 'real' Coppers drafted in from other Forces.

On the streets of Croydon we had a bunch of Welsh Coppers who looked like they'd arrived in a fleet of De Loriens! They were great big blokes who commanded respect just by the way they stood; they didn't even have to say much, a look was enough :cool:

Bit like 3 Para and the Welsh Guards all over again; happy days!

I was sorry to see them go, though I think my hangover was close to terminal at one point!

Funnily enough I was in Brixton today; no burning crosses, but a warm welcome in the Caribbean takeaway opposite the bank I use any excuse to frequent. Jerk wings, fried dumpling and salt-fish fritter; Mmmmm-mm, what diet? :p

Pedantic point -

'great big blokes' discriminates against persons of short stature (POSS) hence the removal of the height requirement for people joining the police services and POSS is the current correct term.

Again, what the public want and what they perceive they want would not be compliant with current legislation relating to all forms of discrimination.

Richard

Latest posts

Back