Two things I wouldn't have put together - would you?

Retro Cat":34yv208h said:
Can't say killing things for fun floats my boat although at least the meat is being given to those in need - However should aid to given with conditions or caveats? Didn't see much about providing lifeskills and education to help them become less 'in need' either.

As many will know im a butcher. Ive worked in every bit of the industry from retail right through to the real horrible jobs at the killing end.
I personally feel we should only kill to eat. For sport im not agreeing with in anyway unless it is to put food on the table. In these circumstances it appears at first to be a case of that. the 'christians' are bringing what theyve killed to the squatter camps.
The people of the camps are effectively being forced to sing for their supper. these groups have been using that tactic for hundreds of years(probably thousands as it works) Maybe using all the money the 'customers' have given you to build a real settlement,wells ^^ education etc, where they expect no return in any form would be the real christian thing to do.

Sounds like a perfect holiday for all those good ole' boys from down below the Mason Dixon line Yee-haw Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition :LOL: :LOL:

kermitgreenkona88":30duymsx said:
Sounds like a perfect holiday for all those good ole' boys from down below the Mason Dixon line Yee-haw Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition :LOL: :LOL:

But with a captive audience :? Sing or starve to death.

dyna-ti":34x3dwz6 said:
kermitgreenkona88":34x3dwz6 said:

But with a captive audience :? Sing or starve to death.

Or rise up and kill the white man my brother :twisted:

TBH I never read the bit about the singing, just meant hunting and religion (Southern boys idea of Heaven on Earth) which coming from an agnostic like me is a bit ironic anyway :roll:

ajm":oskhp5tm said:
Whatleymeister":oskhp5tm said:
So, its biblically approved hunting where the meat is donated to people then they worship god? Sounds like 'worship if you want to eat, or starve'.

An awful lot of reading between the lines required to get that idea, no? It doesn't sound like anything of the sort. As I read it, it's a more or less standard guided hunting trip where the animals killed (one per person it seems?) are butchered and the meat distributed to the poor. The religious parts are additional/incidental, maybe a substitute for the post-hunt boozing that might be standard practice elsewhere.

This kind of thing (without the distribution to the poor), is big business and goes on all over the world... particularly my own bit of the world. I have to say I find the idea of getting some kind of enjoyment from causing suffering and death to other creatures distasteful and disturbing, but plenty of people seem to love it...
Maybe, but like I said I have strong views on religion so my view on anything linked to it are somewhat negative. Anyway, its all opinion and in no way intended to spark any disputes. Though, I have never had a 'bun fight' before, could be fun, throw some school yard names about :LOL:!

Back