Policeman guilty of assault

Back again,

I think almost everyone is in agreement the the police officer was legally wrong in his actions and the Court got it right. The definition of 'wrong' may be the stumbling point. There is a more moral issue to this than a legal one, hence the number of posts.

On the wider issue, had the Police officer not assaulted the man and had dealt with him by way of report what would be the outcome? Adult Caution?

Penalties do not often meet what the public expectations are, as can be seen by recent cases where sentences were appealed to the Attorney General to be increased (Stuart Hall being a high profile recent case). Police officers would be aware of the possible penalties and know that the punishment may not fit the crime in many cases but this would be the downfall in society and not the previous post in relation to society.

That is my current stand,

Richard

highlandsflyer":32fub3nx said:

Well I don't agree with you, and I reckon you protest too much.

Guess what, my sister in law is West Indian, and she has spent the last twenty years out protecting idiots like you so you can talk smack on internet forums.

Enjoy.

Any entirely predictable and blinkered reply...

...I re-read through the rest of my reply then deleted it because I know I'd just be wasting my time; suffice to say I would not be able to do my job if I was half the things you imply.

Multiculturalism - is - not - working; deal with it.

You are the blinkered bigot, deal with that.

Multiculturalism is in fine shape, practically none of us in the real world have any doubts about that.

I doubt your experience relates to the majority of the population.

UM

This is off topic chat but we are moving too far off topic i think!

Richard

highlandsflyer":3mqmm34m said:
You are the blinkered bigot, deal with that.

Multiculturalism is in fine shape, practically none of us in the real world have any doubts about that.

I doubt your experience relates to the majority of the population.

:LOL: you're so far off the mark I can't even be bothered to take offence...

...though it is interesting that you have moved about as far away from your multicultural Utopia of a melting pot as is possible without getting your feet wet ;)

Anyway, you're boring me now, I have to go and plant a burning cross in someone's front garden!

Before you start planting crosses, please obtain the correct planning approval.

Nanny state? Hmmmmmmm

Richard

Back