1997 Univega Alpina 802-s

chris86

Old School Hero
This is my weeks bargain. Its a 97 (as far as I have worked out) alpina and other than the tyres was completely as origional as far as I know. Iv fitted a syntace bar and stem and a fizik saddle I had lying around do nothing. Been out today for a gentle 10 mile round trip and next on the list will be a better set of v-brakes as the ones on it are a pain to set up.
Its got rock shox indy forks, mixture of suntour and shimano gearing, dia compe brakes, weinman rims on formula hubs and thats about it.
Really happy with the way it rides and now comes the fun part of upgrading it with some better parts when funds allow.
If anybody can tell me for definate on the age that would be great.
IMG_2845_zps3ef74170.jpg

Been a while since I posted this, picked up a few different bits for the bike. The Syntace bars were abit narrow and have been replaced with wider riser bars, these are on for the time being till I can find some nice carbon bars.Brake levers have been replaced with Avids and the Vbrakes have been swapped to a set of tektro till I can find some xt's. The forks have been swapped out for Pace rc36 evo's and the pedals have been replaced with some sealed flats.
IMG_6009_zps6ff95902.jpg

IMG_6013_zps5daa20b5.jpg

IMG_6010_zpsd1afd4db.jpg

Back