Tim Gould's Team Peugeot Roberts White Spider

Excellent! I bet it's sublime to ride! I was at Manchester Velodrome a few months ago and there's a pic of our hero on the wall of fame there.

A homage to Tim would be brill; please feel free to use any of my pics! :) If you can't download them, pls PM me and I'll send them.

cheers!

I haven't time to read through the entire thread, but did you manage to get in touch with Tim Gould? A friend of mine rides with him every now and again and may be able to put you in touch.

I also ride a Roberts White Spider, by the way. I bought it second hand in 1993. It has Pro Circuit forks on it and had a front when from the same company when I bought it.

nope. not managed to get hold of him. not sure he has been on this forum. it would be sooo great to get his feedback on the bikes and the good old days.

Still not got round to making a page but i will.

glad your Roberts is still on the road. I have repaired 3 now and released them back into the wild. hopefully they will get some more use.

They're from the wrong years - 1990 (I think) and 1991, but you might like these posters: -

1465268_10153493985340422_967957575_n.jpg

995872_10153493989120422_675497996_n.jpg

BTW, I'm the guy mentioned above who knows Tim. I've emailed him a link to this thread, but haven't heard back yet - he's still as modest as ever.

For your amusement, here's an horrendous picture of me riding a hill climb (back when I was stupid enough to do such ridiculous events). This was in 1996, and I'm riding an old road Peugeot of Tim's, that I'd bought from him in 1995. This one had Reynolds 531 tubing, but I remember him having similar ones with 753 tubes.

69592_10152582312210422_1325160788_n.jpg

I'm pleased to say I'm bald now...

Love it! not just because its Tims bike.. which would not surprise me as it seem to have the token red Look Saddle! but because i also had mad 90's mop hair and am now bold. also loving hill climbing on bikes without compact chain sets and no sti shifter so you have to wiggle like and idiot to shift a gear that is only 0.001% lower that the grinder you already stuck in. Ahhh happy days gladly behind us!

It would be good if Tim could convey a message if he can't get on the forum. I know he is a very private man. but there is so much love for what he achieved and the bikes he rode that we all had on our wall as a kid.

Thanks for sharing.
Pete

I second what Pete says - Thanks for sharing.

Mates had posters of Tiffany or Bon Jovi - I had bikes.

I'm still sporting a full ginger mop, though getting ever thinner and more wiry! ;-)

Mind you, it's taken me 40yrs to have the balls to shave my legs... MAMIL - bring it on. :-D

There's a few more where that came from, sadly most of them have me in, thanks to my parents photgraphing me racing. Before digital cameras came along I couldn't afford to take loads of pics of my bikes for no real reason!

P.S. I had a great bike poster on my bedroom wall BITD. It was an XTR poster, from 1995-ish, and had Tim (in Schwinn kit) posing with a plain black bike, sporting the new look XTR groupset. Also in it were other MTB stars of the day, not that I can remember their names now! I'll try and remember to dig it out next time I'm at my parents' house.

Nice pics; I love it when this thread gets bumped.

Was I dreaming, or did someone recently post a pic of Tim riding through a race paddock, sort of a shake down ride: the bike was 89 red white and blue with XT and turned down bars just like BigLev's. Can't seem to find it now..... :?

Back