Early Nishiki Alien

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Still get more juiced up about cooking bikes like this £84 Cunningham-penned Alien from 1990, than the ultimate, boutiqued and the elite. Maybe it's defined by my smaller than the average bear wallet?!

Reckon it will look good with my spare Switchblades...

Neil

BTW. When did gussetry officially start?

Attachments

• switchblade.jpg
    switchblade.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3,961
  • Alien 2.jpg
    Alien 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 3,961
  • Alien 1.jpg
    Alien 1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 3,961
Like that, I would say MORE NISHIKI HERE! :twisted:

Great bike man!

I think they used the frame's that where left when the newer Alien was out for the first Ariels and later Cascade's. I saw a Ariel on the net with the same brake brases under the rearframe as your Alien but that one was newer...

Grobbebol":v8qymh8b said:
Like that, I would say MORE NISHIKI HERE! :twisted:

Great bike man!

I think they used the frame's that where left when the newer Alien was out for the first Ariels and later Cascade's. I saw a Ariel on the net with the same brake brases under the rearframe as your Alien but that one was newer...

I had a '90 Ariel (the year after this Alien) and the frame was definitely not the same. The Alien is made of Tange Prestige and the Ariel is made of 4130, a fair bit heavier and beefier tuding sizes. Loved that bike...

Mr Kawasaki, what was the shipping from the US out of interest? I asked the guy you bought the Alien from what it would cost to get it to Australia but I think he considered it all too hard. To the victor go the spoils...

Here's my (NOS) '90 Alien ACX. I still need the '89 Alien.

Tit bits for the Alien

Tiny things please my tiny mind! Just arrived - NOS Tioga Farmer Johns and Mud Dawgs, plus some appropriately coloured chainring bolts. :)

Attachments

• DSC01855.JPG
    DSC01855.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 3,748
  • DSC01904.JPG
    DSC01904.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,748
My first post-retro import from 2006 - here's what it looks like these days....

Attachments

• Nishiki Alien 1989.jpg
    Nishiki Alien 1989.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,142
Re:

herman_cain_smile.gif

Back