Just when I thought ebay couldn't get any greedier..........

Re: Just when I thought ebay couldn't get any greedier......

My listings are 'Buy it Now' with free shipping...

...dunno how much that affects me but my customers seem to appreciate it :cool:

If it's any consolation you were paying commission on 100% of the sale price before, when the rest of us weren't paying it on the P+P.

:p

Now everybody concentrate on the managing director of ebay
Will him/her to stub a toe :twisted:

Still not a bad price for world-wide exposure; anyone tried taking out an ad in their local paper recently?

I like ebay. you can get pretty much anything from there and its very easy to sell things and they only take 10% of what it sells for to a maximum of 40 quid. sounds like cheap business to me. trouble is many people take it for granted so they expect it for free, try flogging stuff elsewhere or cough up and do it the easy way.
regards
paypal holding the money, banks were doing that for years (and still do). 5 days for a cheque to clear? do me a favour 5 mins to clear and 4 days for it to sit in an Icelandic bank account making interest.

Chute55uk":qd4110od said:
I like ebay. you can get pretty much anything from there and its very easy to sell things and they only take 10% of what it sells for to a maximum of 40 quid. sounds like cheap business to me. trouble is many people take it for granted so they expect it for free, try flogging stuff elsewhere or cough up and do it the easy way.
regards
paypal holding the money, banks were doing that for years (and still do). 5 days for a cheque to clear? do me a favour 5 mins to clear and 4 days for it to sit in an Icelandic bank account making interest.

Don't get me wrong, I use ebay to buy and sell and will continue to do so until something better comes along. I only use Gumtree on the odd occasion and have the impression (perhaps wrongly) that it is full of scammers and that's not to say that ebay doesn't. Of course ebay should have their cut, it's a business when all said and done, but it's all the sneaky little things they do here and there to bring in extra revenue that I find annoying.

I think the postage thing is to stop people taking the pi$$ with the postage, I saw a cr2032 watch battery that was 0.01p bin with 9.95 postage, it was getting ridiculous. paypal wont charge fees for paying with a paypal balance (they are making money on that balance) so I find its useful just to keep a slush fund in there for the small things but it is relative though. I was looking at a car dealers in real life who proudly stated that all sales were subject to a £89 admin fee.
could you imagine if ebay started charging a buyers fee? lol
people have made successful businesses from ebay without having to pay tax, wages, storage, ect and still try to find loopholes they can exploit. but I agree that they should make the final value fee clear from the start including the cut paypal (ebay) take.

Category
Final selling price
Final value fee
All categories including Media-related and Technology-related, except those listed below
£0.01 or more
10% of the value of the total transaction (up to a maximum of £75)
Property
£0.01 or more
No fee

Back