The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one? :shock:

oshtja":2sxvz3ux said:
1997 Cannondale Super V 900 FR
Can someone help me to estimate the value of my beauty... please...
Thanks in advance, b
P.S. bike's like new (just a few tinytiny scratches), fork & brakes are working flawless... (HS33, Magura Louise, XT/LX, Coda502M, Mavic D321/D521, FOXvan)

super+v+900+FR+001.jpg

super+v+900+FR+018.jpg

henristig":3q6tm4bg said:
I'd really appreciate it if someone had some more info on the bike/it's history and heritage. From what I've heard Wheeler used to make decent frames in the 90's, but equipped them with super parts, which made'em pretty top notch. Anyways, i love this bike to death, but still it would be cool to figure out if it's collectible and worth something, or am i just being sentimental about it? If nothing else, the color is still pretty cool, eh?
Wheeler were only a German marketing brand, not really a bike designer or manufacturer themselves. As far as I know all their bikes were made in Taiwan... Nothing wrong with that (produces high-spec bikes at low prices) but means they're not considered special or valuable now.

A complete bike sold in the UK for only £60 so it's definitely worth more to you ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheeler-7700- ... 0886788962

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
lrh":1o0dipa3 said:
henristig":1o0dipa3 said:
I'd really appreciate it if someone had some more info on the bike/it's history and heritage. From what I've heard Wheeler used to make decent frames in the 90's, but equipped them with super parts, which made'em pretty top notch. Anyways, i love this bike to death, but still it would be cool to figure out if it's collectible and worth something, or am i just being sentimental about it? If nothing else, the color is still pretty cool, eh?
Wheeler were only a German marketing brand, not really a bike designer or manufacturer themselves. As far as I know all their bikes were made in Taiwan... Nothing wrong with that (produces high-spec bikes at low prices) but means they're not considered special or valuable now.

A complete bike sold in the UK for only £60 so it's definitely worth more to you ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheeler-7700- ... 0886788962

Many thanks for the knowledgable reply! I guess i'm gonna take it to the grave with me then :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My Saracen Kili-Flyer is too big for me and I have been offered something I want and something needs to go. Anyone got any ideas of what i should be asking for the fully restored 1987 Kili in my sig? It has only been ridden once since resto and will be finished with gil_m repro decals. It has a slight chip to the powder coat on the stem but other than that is perfect with good condition used or refurbed components.
Full details in the build thread linked in my sig.

Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back