Ti Raleigh Team SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ti Raleigh Team Professional 1982 Campagnolo Record Grou

"I knew a prominent rider who would go through 3-4 bikes a season on 30k + miles. Team bikes were ridden to destruction, we really didnt care about them, at all. " (Baz Senior)

Don't know anything about team riding but in 60,000 miles of two bursts of commuting I went through three frames, two 531 and one 531c. Plus many other bits - chainsets, bottom brackets, tried to use quality components until I found often didn't last longer than standard stuff. For instance Pete Matthews wheels built for my weight and height lasted 2.5k miles before spokes pulled through rims.
Current commute a bit less about 20 miles a day and guess what three months into it and no major problems. I weigh 18 stone.

I binned several posts as they conflict with forum policy or were related to a post in conflict.

Please take notice of forum policy and please do not repost the posts again. Thank you.

Grease Monkey":3r46tusg said:
All I know about the Team Burners are that they are worth a lot more than a good Road bike! I saw an NOS boxed Tange tubed version sell for £1150 at a bike auction for charity.

The holy grail for any BMX collection is of course the Reynolds tubed SBDU
version which was only available to team riders and one off special builds
at Gerry's discretion. They are extremely rare. Who knows what they're worth? If Baz Senior ever wants to sell his I know half a dozen ppl would be first in line with cheque books and boxing gloves!

Yes I know and have a nice example of one myself

Nick

I've only got a bog standard Tange tubed Burner, but a guy in our LBS has an SBDU. He's going on holiday at Xmas. I think I might try and prise it off him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back