Chinese Oakleys

lumos2000":3aq8x47e said:
some of the stuff was really good quality. what I never understood was if your going to go to the trouble of faking a product then why not start your own brand.
Because creating a brand takes a lot of time and money and it's easier to just piggyback on someone else's.

If you're in the food industry it would be quite easy to recreate a likeness of Coke. But building a brand that can compete with it? Plenty have tried and failed.

Now I've used that example I wonder if fake Coke exists...

seems like it cost the fakers a lot more time and money than they bargained for, if you have a product that can imitate the top selling brands then why not make it your own.

Suspect the only market older than that for 'fakes' is 'The Oldest Profession' itself...

...can I interest you in a couple of woodworm from the True Cross? A finger bone from St Julian of the Immaculate Misconception? A used prophylactic from the Garden of Gethseminy?

We_are_Stevo":13i5b6lz said:
Suspect the only market older than that for 'fakes' is 'The Oldest Profession' itself...

...can I interest you in a couple of woodworm from the True Cross? A finger bone from St Julian of the Immaculate Misconception? A used prophylactic from the Garden of Gethseminy?

And as for that Shroud...

there was a time team program where they dig up on old bomb site in London, they did a bit of research on the resident of the house they were excavating and found he had done some time for fraud, he had been painting sparrows yellow and selling them as canaries :LOL:

lumos2000":10v72hs7 said:
there was a time team program where they dig up on old bomb site in London, they did a bit of research on the resident of the house they were excavating and found he had done some time for fraud, he had been painting sparrows yellow and selling them as canaries :LOL:
I wonder if this purchase was down to the same guy ? :LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8M-wBMb7W4

Back