What's this stem on a super vigorelli ?

It's more than likely that someone (or indeed several people) rode Mercians at an Olympic Games or two. I'm frantically trying to think who!! The design was probably done before all this copyright cr*p came into force. Rainbow Bands and Olympic Rings were quite common on bikes and clothing BITD.

Lambert........Lambert / Viscount / Trusty /Yamaha with some viking thrown in

Blimey, it's a bit murky They made lugged frames in a Viking Factory but decided to make all welded frames of aerospace material....nothing wrong with that but were renamed Viscount ( in my era) who made the frames, hubs, bottom bracket and everything else including the alloy forks which broke ( death forks).......eventually Yamaha stuck some money in and replaced the forks but the world and UK economy wasn't bike mad so died.........

They made bars with their name on them but were a bit flakey....

Last time I saw them was the 1978 UK show.......lots of stuff a few years ahead of it's time but no money or economy to carry it through.

Lots on Google

Shaun

I've located one I like (see below) It's a 1971/1972 professional

What do you reckon?

Attachments

• Mercian b 3.jpg
    Mercian b 3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 235
  • Mercian b 2.jpg
    Mercian b 2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Mercian b 4.jpg
    Mercian b 4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Mercian b 1.jpg
    Mercian b 1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 235
All looks as it should, sloping crowns were everywhere, long pointy lugs on the BB........hoods would have been gum colour though.

Typical 70's brit 10" chrome, not as tight as the 8" chrome on my Falcon LOL

3ttt stem looks like it still has the label on

Shaun

I like the pointy lugs better than the ornate ones as I find them a bit too fussy. It seems understated like my 1980 Eddy Merckx pro. I hope it rides as nice as the Merckx, but It will have to be something special to be better though.

A few changes will have to be made, but it's not mine yet. I'm waiting to see whats in the loft at Dad's house.

Back