Chinese Oakleys

technodup":1kgqy5hh said:
I understand perfectly well.
Ah that's good to know. So your initial post was playfully revealing just one side of your balanced appreciation of the topic. Cute trick.

FMJ":xip4ap5i said:
RadNomad":xip4ap5i said:
It is possible to argue both sides of the debate with some merit.

Will you be arguing for fake Apple iPhone chargers then?

Haha nope. My post was not stating my personal opinion either way. I am not condoning or supporting counterfeiting. I work for a legitimate well known company which has to fight transgressions of our intellectual property. It's easy to condemn counterfeiting, that's obvious, so rather than state the obvious my post was just putting some other points out there to consider, that's all. If people know these things already then that's great. I am not saying that the counterfeiters' reasons justify their actions. I already knew while typing the post that i would receive flak and challenges. That's OK, it's just a discussion. I think understanding the root causes would be a good place to start in reducing counterfeiting.

I bought a pair of fakelys not sold as that;but they look
just like George hincappies they are shite compared to the real thing :facepalm:
peace to everyone chill out;
do get it about the poor workers though;catch 22 there ie don't buy
they don't live ,buy and they are piss poor'
peace

Fact #1 - 80s Oakley Frogskins were very cool and hip.
Fact #2 - 80s Oakley Frogskins were over priced BITD.
Fact #3 - 80s Oakley Frogskins are insanely overpriced today.
Fact #4 - A pair of $10 certified safety glasses subject to standards work equally well for cycling and look
very trendy on middle aged blokes that couldn't give a t*ss about looking like Lance Armstrong.
Fact #5 - Complaining about UK Customs seizing counterfeits is ridiculous.
Fact #6 - We all know full well that they will be sat on eventually.

I haven't ever at on a pair of expensive shades. Cheap ones I sat on regularly. Cos they are cheap.

I used to visit a market that was purely fake goods, you name it you could by it fake. some of the stuff was really good quality. what I never understood was if your going to go to the trouble of faking a product then why not start your own brand.
I recently bought a pair of converse I suspected to be fake, ive been trying to find out if they are fake or not and converse don't even seem to be interested.

Back