reel breeze AUTOMATIC gears

benjy

Retro Guru
well what can i say was shocked when i figured out what this was, at first sight thought it was one of them peddle assisted bikes.

put some new tyres an tubes on it bit of tweeking job done rode about 10mile or so on it faultless, changes nice an smooth, just so strange when it dos, it also has sport mode that changes gear sooner and manual so you can put it in any gear you like an it stays there or shift up an down as you please.

some pics

A Google search on "Shimano Auto D" (as printed above the screen) quickly led me to the manual for the 3-speed version.
The print at the bottom of the last page read "Sep. 1998 by Shimano Inc. PIT. Printed in Japan".

Shimano never releases a product before they have finalized the manual, so this system was probably released in 1999 which would make the bike 98+ indeed.

mattr":2pcjvukb said:
benjy":2pcjvukb said:
It's the original di2 groupset. Predecessor to all the current wonderfully expensive stuff.

You mean Andy (any123) is missing an example....

think this would look cool on one of his Klein's

its a 4 speed ;) so may be newer than that , i tryed to find info on the bike but only found a few old privert adverts selling them, i have had the idea of ripping it all off an putting it on a proper hybrid, be cool if could hide the box thats on the handle bars so looks like theres no gears

Back