Sundays 22nd and 29th September

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We have two weeks of September planned 1st at Doncatraz and 14/15th at the Peaks National
I'm looking for riding the other two doing some of our planned routes.
I have on the list.
- Howardian Hills, untested but is a good route, minimal road should easy going if it's not damp.
- Bainton, partly tested.. Poor weather and punctures abandoned it.
- Penistone, untested and quite far from me.
- Milligton, the missed regional.
- Lincolnshire somewhere...

Anyone got any plans you'd like people to join on.
The areas getting quiet

BTW, October will have our regional Sunday 27th I think from Welton/Melton after the Bygone Bykes Jumble Usual route probably.

I'll have a proper chat with you about this Ben but weather permitting I might put Millington in for our November monthly.

Why dont you have a chat with Marc or Vern and see about getting the Howardian route properly organised as one of their rides?

Either way I want to be there for the Howardian ride.

Hi guys.

Area monthly rides are a full month apart and planned around the two types of national rides, so, you only have to miss one ride from calendar due to weather, outside circumstance etc......and, the rides seem AGES apart. :LOL: I share your pain.

Things are a tad quieter but no less busy in the background. My achilles heal is sundays, i can do maybe 2 out of 4 in the month but work or other stuff can hinder just as easily. I will ride when possible though even if it's local challenges and suchlike.

I've had hawardian hills on my scope for a while now, in particular castle howard. The parking and bun shop sorted ;) as for the route...just havn't had time but, it is still in the cross hairs for a monthly ride next year.
I have tipped vern off about my intentions for rides next year and they represent a mixed bag that can be hand picked and dropped in around vern's plans and the in-house national series....IF...I start recon missions now!! wink, wink..

The better i know these areas the more flexibility we will have in future months, as i can throw rides in at reasonable notice to members and less recce work for us, thus combating quiet spells.
My personal aim is battle this year out doing what i can and attending rides when possible. This will provide a kick ass selection of rides to contribute to verns offerings for 2014, with fun to be had on national rides too.

Melton jumble is a good x-promoter(bargains for retrobikers) and, i have another two routes in mind that will benefit the north west.

Andy & I were hoping to get out with Retrobikers a fair bit this year but we've been dogged by operations/injuries and, currently, family members on both sides have some fairly serious health issues which has stopped us travelling too far from home. All our riding is having to be done very much as a last minute decision just to get out. We keep an eye on what you're all up to and live in constant hope that we'll be able to join in at some point. :D
Hopefully, next year will be kinder to us.

Hi Ben

I'm sorting a ride for our area on the 29th of Sept on the moors, I'm off on a test run tomorrow and it starts at Goathland.

Chris was asking about doing something involving parts of the route we did on the BDW II and I've strung together a route that looks like a goodun (I hope) will let you know more tomorrow.

Will take plenty of pics (as always)

cheers kaya

Well that the end of the month sorted then Vern.
Plus that saves me taking Dan and Chris up to go do the BDW-II route, still might take them up just to ride the rocks path in Cropton they missed at the Nation Saturday ride :LOL:

I'm just throwing ideas out as I'm bored and only been able to ride a few flat gentle stuff. Missed most my Summer hols riding... Again :LOL:

Hopefully peaks will not kill me too much.

Hi chaps

The route I had in mind was a bit harsh so I will sort something else out this week and recce it at weekend,
I did find a nice cafe though :D

cheers kaya

Back