Freewheel remover

mrcpea

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
I've just bought a raleigh Banana 18.23 tubed bike.
I want to remove the freewheel from the back wheel, but the size seems an odd one for any tool to fit.
It needs to be something like 30mm in diameter (a bit like a modern splined bottom bracket remover)
I've put a "normal" freewheel remover in the photo for you to see.
I'd appropriate help from the experts.

Many thanks

Richard :D

Attachments

• DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 462
looks to be a 24 spline therefore it could be a Maillard/Atom remover required, they come up occasionally on eBay or a trip to a decent LBS would take it off, good luck

Griff

...oooh that looks familiar. Ages ago I did a trick with a big nut / BB remover (mines 32mm) by putting the hex form into the splines
and leaving just enough room for the spanner. Worked a treat and cost nothing.

Many thanks all.
I don't suppose I can assume the thread on the hub will be a standard one, so it will take a standard 6 speed freewheel?

Cheers again

See if a lockring from an ISO / British adjustable BB cup will screw on the hub.....if so then yes.

Shaun

Midlife":1rv2zph2 said:
See if a lockring from an ISO / British adjustable BB cup will screw on the hub.....if so then yes.

Shaun

Many thanks Shaun, I never realised that the BB & hub were the same thread/size :D

I think I may have found what I'm looking for via eBay.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331013668026? ... 1439.l2649

Hope it fits as I'm going to order one for the toolbox!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back