We made the move from London to Wales (and new Spooky)

When SWMBO decides the time is right we're off to Tredegar; slightly more tolerant of funny-sounding English people, cheaper property, and the race circuit will be open by then...:cool:

We_are_Stevo":wkfvfdzx said:
and the race circuit will be open by then...:cool:

If it gets passed the Welsh Assembly, who have just grabbed the paperwork for a 'review'. :roll:

As for London; I was born and raised there, and was overjoyed to move away when I was 15 to live in a house overlooking open countryside... heaven.

As I remember, there's some cracking good fly fishing on Bala and in the surrounding hills and valleys.

Countryside, bridleways (for horses and bikes) and fishing, it really doesn't get much better than that.

TheGreenRabbit":2r5c2p4z said:
just wait till it starts raining . . . . . . . . and never stops.

I was about to say... that can't be wales it's not raining.. theres blue sky and .. SUNshine!

Everyone round here seems to be an expert.
We've been making friends with 300197 and 200245 as they're sentimentally known...

Ten weeks here now and not even the most meagre twinge of regret.

Attachments

• bike_cleaning_experts 006.JPG
    bike_cleaning_experts 006.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 265
  • bike_cleaning_experts 003.JPG
    bike_cleaning_experts 003.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 265
  • bike_cleaning_experts 001.JPG
    bike_cleaning_experts 001.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 265
The missus and I moved to the edge of Snowdonia National Park last November (after doing 8 years in London, then another 5 years hard labour in Leeds). London's a great place, but I grew up in the countryside so always wanted to go back to it (and a combination of illness and general tiredness with the hustle and aggro of big cities made us ready to leave).

Still go to London for work fairly regularly - and absolutely no regrets about moving either. The locals are lovely and friendly. I am now five minutes from a scary downhill route as well as various other tamer ones. It's great to go for a quick blast around the local hill at lunchtime.

Enjoy the Meigneint there's an incredible ride up there, the only clue I'll give is the incredibly old drovers bridge. One day soon I'll get back home. Croeso ir Gymru gogledd.

Back