What retro part have you accidentally hoarded?

Crud guards-
5 fronts-white,black,clear,blue
5 rears- 2 on the alloy posts, 2 'standard'(one of which is yellow) and a raceguard

Hope end spacers-
Purple, red, blue,black assorted sizes.
These are the type of things i come across then put in a box out of the road, been doing that for ages.

Is this the best place to ask about a Purple Hope XC 32h 6 bolt disc mount(2004??) :D Or perhaps a 32h Purple Hope Suspension for disc(spider/lockring not needed) :D
Blatant i know :oops: :LOL:

Stems :

4 x Ti (Titec / Clark Kent / Unbranded / Flex Stem).
3 x Ringle

I only have three bikes, and one I don't even have enough parts to build yet ... :LOL:

WD :D

dyna-ti":9r03cn13 said:
Is this the best place to ask about a Purple Hope XC 32h 6 bolt disc mount(2004??) :D Or perhaps a 32h Purple Hope Suspension for disc(spider/lockring not needed) :D
Have seen more purple suspensions and Ti-glide wheelsets on eBay in the last month than I have seen all year. Pretty sure all are non-disc though.

Would be interested to know if any of those End pieces (caps?) would be black and fit an XC sport rear hub :). Have an odd set with 3 black and 1 blue.

secret_squirrel":3t8ufuwc said:
dyna-ti":3t8ufuwc said:
Have seen more purple suspensions and Ti-glide wheelsets on eBay in the last month than I have seen all year. Pretty sure all are non-disc though.

Would be interested to know if any of those End pieces (caps?) would be black and fit an XC sport rear hub :). Have an odd set with 3 black and 1 blue.

I have 2 of the middle size in black, which i think is just the wrong one for you. Ill see the manual as the exploded diagram has the length on it and just measure
These middle size fit the front on a sus but the back is slightly longer. Can you measure it approximately for me. straight swop if its all good. Disc ? non disc ? drive side or not ?

You can buy the Hope hub end caps from somewhere. Someone sent one to me but I can't remember where he bought it from.

Shimano M739 cranksets (both NOS and used) and the corresponding long cage rear derailleur (mostly used, which I've carefully rebuilt/reconditioned).

Started out intending to keep an "appropriate" amount of spares to keep my ride in operation, primarily the drivetrain stuff. It was impossible to find NOS RD M739 jockey wheels, and reasonably priced NOS units were similarly hard to come by. The collection started and grew.

Then I bought another frame and did a complete XT custom build so I would have another bike to ride when No. 1 was down for service. So I needed even more spares. The accumulation now is now 6 drawers of my roll away service cart.

Oh, I have stopped accumulating/hoarding...

Forks Forks and more Forks - I cant seem to stop buying them when I think they are a good deal - the collection has grown a good deal since this pic including a fair number of dual crowns (early 2000's)

Maybe Manitou FS Frames too (have a couple built up not in the pic and 7 or so frames there) .. there is no method to the madness with the rigid forks there - still missing a number of forks from the pic too :)

Attachments

• forkmemore.jpg
    forkmemore.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 228
  • forkme.jpg
    forkme.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 228
  • fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 228
Back