Ciocc - which model is this?

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
Any thoughts on which model this is?

126mm rear end, Columbus tubing - came with Campag parts dated '78 to '81 all of which are to be changed to late '80's components. Just wouldn't mind nailing down the frame model.

cheers in advance...

Attachments

• IMAG0407.jpg
    IMAG0407.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMAG0406.jpg
    IMAG0406.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMAG0405.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,184
Interesting - as late as that you think? I had it a bit earlier - external cable routing & 126mm rear spacing & has a pump nipple behind the head-tube. Certainly can't find the exact model. Also Concorde used the exact same colour scheme (one on Saarf's page http://saarf00.files.wordpress.com/2012 ... re-057.jpg ) but those bikes had internal routing and better tubesets. I assume they were made in the same factory?

Mine came with late 70's / early 80's Record Hubs, Seatpost, Nuovo Record Cranks, Super Record Front & Rear Mechs & BB, then Chorus levers, calipers & headset from the late 80's.

All a bit frustrating as I want to put a full matching groupset on.

By the way, some of those scans are superb - great looking bikes, I hadn't quite appreciated the quality of Ciocc - very nice bikes.

As an aside, I came across Ciocc bikes when the Eastern Europeans came over for races like the milk race. We called them "Chee-ock", only took decades to realise they were called "church".

Nicely built, plenty of chrome with frame panto plus cutout lugs.........splendid :D

Looks late 80's to me....

Shaun

Ha, easily done - it's only because I read wikipedia which had the pronunciation explained!

Not sure mine's quite up-to standard just yet - got some humbrol's to in-fill the chips & scratches but as for the chrome, well how do I put this - it's on it's ar$e! Completely shot, not a prayer of salvaging it and I paid too much for this so can't justify the monies on re-chroming. Going to tidy it up the best I can and see what it looks like.

Still deliberating which group to go for - SR which would be a bit early for the frame perhaps or Chorus which would perhaps be more period correct?

Black stem looks like the wrong era..........maybe look better on one of my 70's steeds :D

Shaun

Midlife":zh2x1q2g said:
Black stem looks like the wrong era..........maybe look better on one of my 70's steeds :D

Shaun

To tie-in with your black Dura Ace fascination per chance Shaun?

In total truth, if I can get the bugger out then I agree, probably would be better served on one your steeds. However, the swine will not budge a mm. Needs headset cap undoing and a dose of plusgas - it's on the to-do list.

It's a good looking stem, sort of purple/black in certain lights.

On a sort of related note - I've got some Dura-Ace 7200 DT levers, end caps & the band-on part but none of the smalls - yours if you want them, absolutely no use to me. One needs a bit of black paint but they're ok all in all.

How did you know I have a first gen Shimano fixation :)

I have got a '78 ALAN which I am collecting bits for which is the era for those levers, just not sure if they will fit over the campag braze on's for the frame (I say braze ons but I guess they are glued and screwed). If they will slip over I'll buy them from you:)

Talking of collecting I have always wanted a SABA like Ian Hallam :) My collection started today........I have a SABA Panto'd stem so just the rest to find LOL

Shaun

Midlife":16qvmrbs said:
How did you know I have a first gen Shimano fixation :)

I have got a '78 ALAN which I am collecting bits for which is the era for those levers, just not sure if they will fit over the campag braze on's for the frame (I say braze ons but I guess they are glued and screwed). If they will slip over I'll buy them from you:)

Talking of collecting I have always wanted a SABA like Ian Hallam :) My collection started today........I have a SABA Panto'd stem so just the rest to find LOL

Shaun

You may have mentioned first gen Dura Ace on a couple of threads??? ;)

'78 Alan - sounds like a quality project that - pm me your address, i'll get them in the post this week - gratis, i'm not going to use them.

SABA - you'll be eating KP Crisps as well then - didn't they sponsor the SABA team? Italian bikes weren't they?

Back