Schwinn Homegrown singlespeed - SOLD!

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
Spec modified and price reduced accordingly!!

Now only £175!!

20" Schwinn Homegrown hardtail frame built into a very lightweight singlespeed build, with some new parts, as follows:

Salsa Cro-Moto rigid forks
Easton EA50 stem
Titec Hellbent bars
DT Hugi 240 hubs on Mavic rims - very nice wheel set
Almost new Schwalbe Rapid Rob tyres in grey (couple of rides old only)
M750 XT brakes and chain set
16t singlespeed cog and velosolo spacer kit (all new)
Titec seatpost
Fizik Nisene saddle
I'll leave the bottle cages on as they match the frame nicely but pedals are not included....I've got some nice DX flats that could go with it for an extra £10

I'm using a road rear mech as the tensioner - this is the first time I've set up a SS without a dedicated tensioner and I honestly think this set up is the best - you've got ultimate adjustability with the cable adjuster and it runs suoer smooth and quiet - been really chuffed with it.

9692790141_cd92b794cd.jpg

9692791229_97edffd278.jpg

9696023430_b48156d418.jpg

9692793021_3f070d6f66.jpg

9696028100_3e0305a902.jpg

9692797715_d97332b8c9.jpg

9696025528_e4435393cf.jpg

9491982819_4ba33b3a2f.jpg

Size-wise, I'm just under 5'10" and it's set up for me in the pics - although it's a 20" large frame, it rides a bit smaller - I'd say good for my height up to about 6'2" or more

Re: Schwinn Homegrown singlespeed build - super light!

velocipede":2biqvt47 said:
I'm using a road rear mech as the tensioner - this is the forst time I've set up a SS without a dedicated tensioner and I honestly think this set up is the best - you've got ultimate adjustability with the cable adjuster and it runs very smooth indeed - been really chuffed with it.

This is my preferred SS set up too. Very simple to do, very effective and if you get a nice shiny road mech it just looks like a very posh chain tensioner anyway!

Good luck with the sale :D

Barneyballbags":314zqdkb said:
velocipede":314zqdkb said:
I'm using a road rear mech as the tensioner - this is the forst time I've set up a SS without a dedicated tensioner and I honestly think this set up is the best - you've got ultimate adjustability with the cable adjuster and it runs very smooth indeed - been really chuffed with it.

This is my preferred SS set up too. Very simple to do, very effective and if you get a nice shiny road mech it just looks like a very posh chain tensioner anyway!

Good luck with the sale :D

I agree - I've messed about with all sorts of set ups in the past and now find that the simplest, most obvious solution is, after all, the best!!! - how is it that always happens?? :D

If you decide to split it ill be very interested in the wheels, tyres, brakes and chainset!

If you're not willing to split it would you be willing to post it?

KONABEN82 decided not to take this so it's back up for sale now I'm back from my hols!

Could do.with shifting quickly so.all.offers considered....

Latest posts

Back