Orange Formula

JackieO":2tezstmi said:
A lot has happened over the past 20 odd years, Mike Ives rings a bell.
When I first started racing, there would only be four or five other females at races. So saying I was any good was not really relative - I just enjoyed it.
Great pic of your bike.

That was the best part of racing back then, we were all good given the size of the field... :cool:

Sadly the bike in the pic isn't mine it belongs to Adrian, here it is after the epic journey he took to bring it back to ride able and spec correct condition, winning BOTM last month.... :cool:

What you have is a rare piece of Uk mountain biking history there Jackie.... :cool:

Attachments

• BOTM WINNER.jpg
    BOTM WINNER.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 635
I'll raid the loft over the weekend and find the pictures, I know I have one taken at Cheddar.
I am now ashamed to put any of the bike on in it's current state :(

JackieO":ddzb60nh said:
I'll raid the loft over the weekend and find the pictures, I know I have one taken at Cheddar.
I am now ashamed to put any of the bike on in it's current state :(

No don't do that, it has history....

do a thread on it here,
viewforum.php?f=6

a little history of you and the bike, showing a pics of then and now, and post more when and if you progress with it, its all part of the history and journey.... :cool:

JackieO":33a0fm7h said:
I have an Orange Formula, it was built for me in 1992 as at the time I could not get a bike small enough. The sad thing is, I still have the bike, but she is in a sorry state. I also use Campagnolo wheels, which I can still say are the best I've used. I had the bike built up with shimano st - loved it.

Jackie, welcome to the site, great to hear of another Formula. Being a 1992 it could be a Steve Wade built one like the one here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8415&start=30 ?

It would be great to see some pics.

Have to ask this - are you anything to do with a certain sail maker in Hayle?

nevadasmith":1s0828mc said:
JackieO":1s0828mc said:
I have an Orange Formula, it was built for me in 1992 as at the time I could not get a bike small enough. The sad thing is, I still have the bike, but she is in a sorry state. I also use Campagnolo wheels, which I can still say are the best I've used. I had the bike built up with shimano st - loved it.

Jackie, welcome to the site, great to hear of another Formula. Being a 1992 it could be a Steve Wade built one like the one here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8415&start=30 ?

It would be great to see some pics.

Have to ask this - are you anything to do with a certain sail maker in Hayle?

There is no doubt its of the same design as the reviewed bike as it is a 92, and Black.

What a lovely touch it would be if it were Rb sails, given the Tushingham part of the story.... :cool:

A better scan of the bike review of your bike for you, that Adrian mentioned from 1990.

Attachments

• IMG_0006-1.jpg
    IMG_0006-1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0005-1.jpg
    IMG_0005-1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0004-1.jpg
    IMG_0004-1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 661
Yes I am Jackie @ RB Sails, I also used to worked for Paul Lodey, so looking back and digging deep into my memory, that's another reason why I went for the Orange, because of the transition from windsurfing product to bikes. I am also It's in the Bag, I used to make a lot of padded bike bags - it's all coming out now!

JackieO":3qyrlv3p said:
Yes I am Jackie @ RB Sails, I also used to worked for Paul Lodey, so looking back and digging deep into my memory, that's another reason why I went for the Orange, because of the transition from windsurfing product to bikes. I am also It's in the Bag, I used to make a lot of padded bike bags - it's all coming out now!

Is Paul still into the Kitesurfing...? (Christ its a small world.)

Now that is cool, I think we met when I was a junior when riding with mr Scott, (Rockzombies,) perhaps as late as 93. Im racking my brains for the name of the girl you beat at cheddar Im sure it was Kelly Towl. (I could be wrong my memory for names isn't what it was.

You still riding a fair bit then Jackie. (gotta get a bike thread going with pics of your bike...)

JackieO":3erk0rsd said:

Small world! Say hi to Chuckie! Tell him I'm still waiting for my 6.2m sail :LOL:

Adrian

I came 5th at Cheddar. I had only just had the bike made up, if my memory serves me right.
I've been running for the last eight years, as I did not have the time to put in long rides.

Back