Are all reynolds 531 bikes light? solved

phospho":21r3rsjf said:
widowmaker":21r3rsjf said:
Are the wheels 700c ?

I got some black cotton bartape for mine for £5 and its comfy and look fine, a little cheaper than leather.
Yeah, 700x23c the tyre says. Where'd you get the bartape?

700c you should have loads of choice, I got my Continental Ultra Sport from wiggle for about £10 each, they are proving to be a good buy.

I got the bartape from Planet X.

That, at £110 is a very solid purchase - good work indeed. 10KG - no drama's getting that down the road quickly then.

Turbo saddle & some matching bar tape, new tyres, very much happy days.

Not sure about your idea to wrap the bars only upto the levers though - on cold days a freezing piece of metal in your hands isn't going to help the enjoyment or safety factor! Oh and the seat-post looks the wrong way round?

FINNEY1973":2td8lx9w said:
That, at £110 is a very solid purchase - good work indeed. 10KG - no drama's getting that down the road quickly then.

Not sure about your idea to wrap the bars only upto the levers though - on cold days a freezing piece of metal in your hands isn't going to help the enjoyment or safety factor! Oh and the seat-post looks the wrong way round?
Looks fine to me, how is it supposed to look? The seatpost is the metal bar attached to the seat right?

phospho":1gn397aj said:
FINNEY1973":1gn397aj said:

Looks fine to me, how is it supposed to look? The seatpost is the metal bar attached to the seat right?

That's right, the nuts should be towards the end of the saddle. Just remove the post from the rails and spin it 180 degrees :p

I think that your bike would look a lot better with a more modern seatpost if you can afford one as that old style one kind of ruins the look for me.

Back