Look KG243 size 59 road frame SOLD

Tychom

Dirt Disciple
Now SOLD.

Time to let go of my old Look kg243 frame as it's been sitting unused for ages now due to being a little too small for me.

8910479369_551bd145be_b.jpg

8910493285_f4a600ce91_b.jpg

6969219171_34a2225aee_b.jpg

8911113808_1d0e7dd63f_b.jpg

8910490181_d105f25886_b.jpg

There's far more photos in a gallery over here

It's 59cm(c-c)x59cm, Columbus Neuron, all very standard stuff for building up - 100mm front, 130mm rear, BSC bb and fork threading, 27.2 seatpost. Stronglight roller-bearing headset in reasonable condition.

Bike is fully chromed and the chrome is immaculate, incredibly shiny. The paint has flaked slightly in some areas near the headtube lugs (something that seems quite common on these frames). There's also quite a few paint chips and scratches, particularly on the non-drive side where I guess it was stored at some point possibly up against other bikes. Hopefully everything is clear from the photos anyway (paint is very thin I think), very rich metallic red and yellow. Despite the various scratches to the paint there are no dents, no crashes, everything is in perfect alignment.

The frame is very stiff yet it's also comfortable. Handling is quite neutral, very precise and confident on descents.

Not sure overall if the pictures do it justice. It's the only bike I've had that people stare at when you're at the lights :)

If the headset isn't wanted and you worry about having the proper Stronglight tool I can get it removed locally but I won't really be able to drop the price as selling it separately I doubt it's worth any more than the shop would charge to take it off.

Colour matched Specialites TA bottle cages are included, wheels/other components are not.

Anyway was looking for 200eur after shipping and paypal fees, I'm in Paris, I figure that'll be about 250eur (or £215) in total to most of western Europe, I doubt I'm out more than 10eur either way from previous experience.

Re: Look KG243 size 59 road frame

Nice bike and nice price.
Looks like a good fit from the above photo!

Why are all the nice frames so big? :roll:

grilla":13onahvz said:
Nice bike and nice price.
Looks like a good fit from the above photo!

Actually the Campagnolo seatpost was at the limit line in the photo above and still too short for me, with a longer seatpost I was never happy with the resulting saddle-bar drop. I'm riding 61s these days which fit far better but makes it even harder to find a nice frame.

59cm c2c seat tube? (if so, what's centre to tope?)
59cm c2c top tube?

How long is the head tube including headset?

Many thanks.

yeah 59 c2c seat tube which puts it at a rough 61 c2t, 59cm c2c top tube. The head tube itself is 17cm, with the upper and lower headset parts included it's just a touch over 21cm in total.

Busy day for me today, off to try and make this frame fit my short body

rack3.jpg

Hi interested in your frame (sometimes being 6-2 helps)

is the look fork supplied with it ?

Latest posts

Back