Ti Raleigh Team SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ti Raleigh Team Professional 1983 56cm Campagnolo Group

If the other guy doesnt take the bike this weekend, I'd be very interested to view it Monday/Tuesday?

Re: Ti Raleigh Team Professional 1982 Campagnolo Record Grou

Will PM you.

After consultation with the original owner and serial # check can I confirm this is a 1982 Team Bike.

Re: Ti Raleigh Team Professional 1983 56cm Campagnolo Group

Midlife":1wbtt5uv said:
Nice bike :By 1983 the Reynolds 531 sticker would have had a gold bar underneath with a Ti logo

Absolutely, the Reynolds decal was well out of date by 1983.

Rk.

The 531 decal was replaced with a brand new NOS one from Lloyds as old one was not perfect.

Donny Dee":3nh7uiq4 said:
The 531 decal was replaced with a brand new NOS one from Lloyds as old one was not perfect.

Rare then for Nick to supply the wrong (i.e incorrect for year) decal. This decal would not normally be seen on a frame after the mid-1950s.

Rk.

Decal looks about right for a 70/80's build to me. I'll let you know when I get to see it tomorrow! Best looking Team Pro example I've seen since the show bikes at Manchester Velodrome. Good work fella!

Grease Monkey":3areli2c said:
Decal looks about right for a 70/80's build to me. I'll let you know when I get to see it tomorrow! Best looking Team Pro example I've seen since the show bikes at Manchester Velodrome. Good work fella!

If you're happy and a potential buyer that's fine, just don't assume what you are happy with is correct.

Because the decal is not.

Rk.

If my eyes are happy and my pocket is happy with it, its all good.

WM2 number is September 1982 so is a Carlton / Raleigh Team (as I am sure you know W=Worksop) , not sure how it could be a Pro riders bike as they were destined for normal public consumption and sold as such.

second down here....

http://www.hilarystone.com/frameset6.html

Pro riders frames came out of Ilkeston and were marked for their personal use.

Just curious as to the UK rider was? memory fails me at my age but can't remember any UK riders at that time.....

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back