best tip/skip/cheap cheap find?

Ive had several freebies. quite a few I still have. however nothing of any value but all awesome in their own way. lots for spares but a lot have been to keep as bikes.

had a scott atacama trail hybrid (modern) given to me but didnt like that.

also managed to get a falcon ATB (black with green splatter paint and green bars, reminds me of an old marin actually) off freecycle and still have that, intend to keep it.

a mate of mine just up the road from me told me had a few bikes in his garden rusting away and to come help myself to any I wanted. a few bikes turned out to be dozens and whilst most were beyond saving I managed to get a old raleigh flyer road bike and an apollo blizzard. yes its an apollo but Im having a bit of fun with it and doing something a little different (which involves lots of modern parts) cost me about £4 so far. in fact as far as I know I think he still has them (nothing more than cheap modern stuff left now though apart from a daewoo genius)

oh and does my giant count. bought an old muddyfox ranger mega and my giant stonebreaker for £10 the pair. sold the muddyfox and kept the giant, its a keeper forever though, Ive become seriously attached to it and have rode it everywhere. including all the extras Ive bought for it. it owes me a grand total (including bike purchase) of £9.50. And I almost like riding it more than my Marin.

Not an MTB, but I found a small Araya road bike with full Dura Ace 7400 in the trash in my neighborhood maybe 16 years ago. Still have the rear mech.. Sold some of the parts and the wife trashed a bunch. I wish I had the parts now.

this is one of mine.... all that was missing was the cockpit front wheel and forks
ooh and there was a huge binbag of bush once but i wouldn't be interested in that at my age now

Attachments

• 048 (800x600).jpg
    048 (800x600).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 449
Best I picked up were probably these two:-

Mercian Tourer - picked up this one free from Freecycle. Listed as a restoration project so expected rubbish but I turned it was complete bar some tyres that fit:-
http://www.lfgss.com/thread34366.html

Peugeot Montana - 531 All-Terrain - £25 from Gumtree - Sold that on I think to someone on these forumns in the end.
http://www.lfgss.com/thread65684.html

Also picked up from Freecycle a Claud Butler of some sort which I converted and ran as a singlespeed for a year or so before selling on.

24 seven dark angel dh frame an manitu rear shock had seat post an fsa bearing cups £10 off car boot lol seen one on ebay other day go for about 80 sold it my mate 50 ( he knew what i payed )

Latest posts

Back