The Sinister Ridge rides again - and AGAIN as a 650ber.

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This might not excite many people, but I am very excited. Yesterday I found that my 650b wheels will fit in the old Sinister Ridge frame. I didn't try it earlier because someone had mentioned that they wouldn't fit. Paired with ye 2003 Fox Talas 125mm fork it's going to be another 'scrap heap' wonderbike - absolutely spot on for the trail centres in North Wales.

Pictures later.

I keep sneaking out of the house to look at it. I think this might be my new all time favourite bike.

Attachments

• sinister2 003.JPG
    sinister2 003.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 838
  • sinister2 002.JPG
    sinister2 002.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 837
  • sinister2 001.JPG
    sinister2 001.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 838
Ha - not much love for the resurrection of the Ridge, but I like it.

I've paired my old Dia Compe brake levers with some BB7 Road callipers - they feel great.

Despite its age the Fox fork is still working beautifully.

Certainly it's no looker but it's brilliant for hooning round the local trail centres...

Attachments

• bike_cleaning_experts 009.JPG
    bike_cleaning_experts 009.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 777
  • bike_cleaning_experts 008.JPG
    bike_cleaning_experts 008.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 777
  • bike_cleaning_experts 007.JPG
    bike_cleaning_experts 007.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 778
I think it's pretty cool :cool:.

Trail centres are usually pretty bumpy - have you lost your chain at all? I'd be nervous about just a bash on fast rocky stuff.

Regards

hmmmm.
I just went and tried a test-fit on the ridges we have kicking around here(that'd be 3), and it was a no-go.

Seems like you got a good one, eh?!

Weird. My good luck I suppose.
As to chain retention - no problems at all, but I do have a clutch rear mech which really helps.
Got a piece of tape on the underside of the fork crown as my bottom out detector. So far all good.
Once you've got this thing under steam it's fast.

Old model by FTW?

If I get a job I'll get a ridge too (it has Paragon dropouta, so no doubts about 650b wheels)

Back