Wheel upgrade recomendations

This is where I usually ask questions but I think (according to velobase.com) that Suntour had English/ISO: 1.370" x 24 threads. If this is the case then all you need is a new freewheel with the same threads - this is where I get a bit lost as often the threads aren't specified - am sure of the much more knowledgeable folk will advise better than I can.

Needs to be a screw-on type - cassette fittings simply aren't compatible.

Worth a punt on trying a 7-speed if your shifters & rear mech can handle it? - if not go with 6 speed.

Thanks for the help chaps, I have found a local wheel builder and I am going to drop the wheel to him and see what can be done.

That's all the dumb questions :facepalm:

Ta !!!!!

My recent nightmare with a similar problem might help, take it that the FREEWHEEL with fit - it is not a cassette. If the freewheel is an odd thread (e.g. French) it will be noted in the ad.

Your wheel builder may have a few spares to try. I presume you have a remover etc for it - check what remover you need for the individual freewheel, as they differ. Some can be altered to fit but Shimano HG and UG would need to be bought - if required. I think i noticed some going cheap in an Amazon sale this morning. There were a couple of freewheels as well - maybe worth a look when you decide what you need.

Richard

Back