Advice on spares and how you store them whilst riding ?

TGR":orgknswn said:
Did the ride happen?

Richard

I forgot to give an update :oops: :facepalm:

We did a 38 mile ride, there were 2 experienced riders in the group plus six beginners (me inc.)

It was a little scary and daunting, but learned so much from them, how to ride in a group, how to call out if a car was coming up or down the road, using gears, cadence etc :cool:

One guy spend some time helping me adjust my saddle height and tweaking my handlebars too.

There was a little friendly banter between 3 riding groups (depending on level) the older guys and the younger guys about fashion, what to eat etc etc.

But I didn't embarrass myself neither did my bike, one guy even wanted to know if I would sell it :cool:

Good stuff,

I have been losing sleep wondering if you went!! And you final decision on what to carry and how you carried it?

Richard

TGR":24svc8h4 said:
Good stuff,

I have been losing sleep wondering if you went!! And you final decision on what to carry and how you carried it?

Richard

:p

I carried a tube, some levers, a banana and a multitool in my jersey pockets.

And the water bottle in the usual place, and my pump fits on the bottle cage bolts so all good there.

Could not get on with the weight of the tube/tools/levers in the jersey pocket, bouncing up and down like something from a Benny Hill sketch :LOL:

So this week I bought a tiny saddlebag just big enough for a tube/levers/small multitool and my car key which fits on the seat rails but towards the back of the saddle so looks quite discrete. This keeps the jersey pockets free for some fig rolls :cool:

Good stuff!

Perhaps i can get a good night's sleep now! Well, i would if i was not working night shift!

Richard

TGR":2pxpgzfy said:
Good stuff!

Perhaps i can get a good night's sleep now! Well, i would if i was not working night shift!

Richard

Thanks for your concern, and advice :cool:

I have done my share of nights, still suffer from chronic insomnia because of them :(

.........did they tell you what to shout when you came across dog poo !!

very important !

Shaun

Back