old raleigh slow slow project/daily rider

thanks, ive got a raleigh mtrax rsp? frame that poweredbypies sold me when i bent the lizard frame up, im slowly getting parts for that and ill build up as/when ive got all the bits for it, thatll be my "nicer" bike :)
never thought id get it back but really happy that i did tbf

poweredbypies":220hmhon said:
Tis an rsp chap.

tar thought so, couldnt remember if you said it was or not and its currently being stored in a box in the corner of my room so cant be arsed getting it out to look lol

Good on you for rescuing a raleigh...I will read this thread properly later.it may cause a buzz like my activator did :)

deciding on colours atm can do the usual black, creamish colour, dark green, blue or red.
going to straight bars instead of the bullhorns because tbh theyre getting annoying when half the time im not using them as i normally would. ill keep them for another build. bottom bracket is doing my head in but gotta ride it to the gfs later so cant rip it out just yet :( bottom bracket is on order for the rsp :) im getting better at this bottom bracket malarky

nice to see you havent given up on it when so many would have. I do like the shape of the old raleighs, so much I actually want one as my commuter bike :LOL: . fingers crossed I could very soon be the owner of a raleigh (nothing special but I like them)

As you are going for a "practical" rather than a "garage queen" build, you might consider brush painting, there's been a couple of build threads recently where people have got some really nice results with brush paint. Also, if you go for a matt or semi-gloss finish it hides a lot of minor paint imperfections that will show up with a high gloss finish. Also, light colours, white especially, show up paint finish imperfections less than dark colours.

ill be doing a quick rattle can jobby on it, feeling a semi gloss black more than anything right now but still want it to look half decent. going to be getting some cheap raliegh decals off ebay.

Back