old raleigh slow slow project/daily rider

when all else fails. drill it. what is left of part of the old quill stem----
no longer need new forks.

Attachments

• 1146744_10200533560163560_1516037239_n.jpg
    1146744_10200533560163560_1516037239_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 256
on tommorrows to do list -
put a chain on from a bike that was barely used.
put all new cables on.
try and sort a front shifter.
find a tyre for the rear wheel that doesnt rub on the fecking frame.

Attachments

• 988681_10200534381584095_945624133_n.jpg
    988681_10200534381584095_945624133_n.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 239
had the bike back together and rode it 3 times. quickly locked it up outside asda and went in to grab some bread and milk. come out to find my bike gone and lock on the ground. so if anyone sees my Raleigh about could you let me know, it looks pretty much same as it did before, it was sanded down a bit but still could see the splatters a bit, it had white grips and continental sport contacts on. not overly bothered about the value of it just pissed with myself for locking it up with a crap lock in a area not covered by cctv.

was acting like I didn't care yesterday but went outside to unlock the shed and get it out ready for my sunday ride and then it hit me I haven't got it anymore and ill probably never see it again :(
so hit me hard today :(

possibly some good news......

might have found out who has the bike and will be paying a visit early tomorrow morning to see if im right, if the bikes there im taking it back regardless of what it takes.

some good news. got the bike back today.
needs a bit of work -
gears are out of tune, chains snapped a link, bottom bracket is once again wobbly, think the cones or bearings need doing in front wheel, rear wheel is buckled, rear tyre punctured, left hand shifter totally inoperable now, front mech pretty much buggered and front tyre for some odd reason is now bald in 3 places.

plans - get it riding properly again. possibly paint it red, new tyres, new chain, going to see if wheels can be fixed if not new set of wheels, getting rid of the bullhorn handlebars, new front mech, new shifters, going to redo the brakes to make sure theyre good, in two minds as to weather I want the pannier rack on it anymore so that could be coming off. got to keep the spend below £50-£60 as im now saving for a new scooter (got full licence and can ride upto 33bhp just want a scooter as a cheap way of getting to/from the new gfs and college)

learnt my lesson and now have 2 abus D locks for it.

just a quick pic of the bike as it sits now, not much different looking but paint has been sanded back a bit, few areas exposed where its rusting... quite like it but i need to paint it. its going all comfort style now so a comfort saddle off ebay... got new grips on order... need to get new shifters. the rack is back on as is the bottle cage. gonna get some metal mudguards off ebay soon, waiting for some money to come in i guess... heres the pic anyway.

Attachments

• 1240102_534015683319322_643619904_n (1).jpg
    1240102_534015683319322_643619904_n (1).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 299
also the wobble in the bottom bracket has come back so thats gonna be done soon, still riding so hoping it lasts, thinking i may aswell change the crankset and get some decent pedals while im at it.

Glad youve got this back and its nice to see the effort youve put into it. In that i agree (unusually) with Velo it doesnt have to be top of the line.
Im also in agreement with the others that Raleigh made for very fine frames ,after all theyve been at it for a hell of a long time. Look towards the special projects range if you want something nice and classy. Lost of nice Ti and semi ti in their history also

Back