Future dates for our SW diary

onza100":1eru8oyo said:
We should meet in the middle somewhere for a blast.

:D Sounds good to me just a few more tweaks and parts for the bike, although it will be the first ride on a retro bike without suspension, disc brakes etc so could be interesting with my old and dodgy knees so either my bike will fall apart or my knees will collapse :oops:

What have we got coming up between now and the rest of the year then chaps?

I'm trying to recover from 8 months off the bike with a knee injury, so need to work towards some longer rides of the retro variety.

Haldon over Christmas is usually popular, any plans for September/Oct/nov?

Last few rides that ajantom organised have been very poorly supported. Just me & Tom @ last Haldon one a couple of months back (and I can't keep up with Tom in full flight!)
We should get going again though as I was really enjoying these outings. I now live 0.7 of a mile from the Pine Ridge entrance to Woodbury Common so will happily lead some rides from there. Tom has the best knowledge of this area but as it's now my local patch I'll be seeking out the fun routes. As well as the Common itself there are plenty of green lanes around the nearby villages so I'll be working out rides to take these in too.
Shall we start again later on in September with a ride from Four Firs car park led by either me or Tom?

Sounds like a plan Jim. I should be able to make a Sept ride. If u fix a date I'll pm everybody like I used to do. :D

Im still struggling with the knee but its post op. Was always at the back anyway so no loss. Its the only reason I have been so slack. That said I have two weddings in Sept!

ok, I've got something on on 15th Sept (vintage Japanese m/cycle fest @ Haynes Motor Museum if anyone is interested) & hoping to go to Forest of Dean one weekend but shall we get peoples preferences between either 22nd or 29th Sept & decide then? Gives a bit more time for everyone to get fit &/or healed.

It's about time I put my head above the parapet and went to one of these events :oops:. I'd be up for Haldon. I'm only in Exeter a small proportion of weekends these days, so I'll need to check the diary (missus!) on whether I'm around on those weekends you mentioned, and will confirm back.

Regards

Back