Teflon coated cables.!!!

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Nightmare .The fray when cut.{park cutter}Coating comes off during use and clogs outer cables up. :evil: Any one else had problems? :facepalm:

used them once years ago, never touched them since, utter rubbish.

i stick to good quality cables right through on everything now, good cables make a huge difference to the performance of a bike and are quite often overlooked.

I've got those Jagwire cables and they're stupid, as the rear outer is a smaller diameter than the front outer. I don't know if they are teflon but the rear seems to be unravelling inside the outer about 6" from the brake hood.

Go for quality stainless steel. We tried teflon on the tandem and the long runs caused problems.Stainless seems to slip through the outers a great deal easier.Also compressionless outer helps put the power where its needed.Chain reaction used to do Goodridge but have now stopped.Just bought something very similar on e bay.Use frame protectors though as its very stiff .It will either have braided or linear wiring similar to gear outer
Regards
Peter

I used to use the bitd and they had a thick yellow coating. They worked really well but i can't remember who made them. Found an offcut this year in an old toolbox with some old canti's I had forgotten

Re non compress cable outer
George hall cycle centre
e bay no 390640606234
Tel +44(0) 1858 465507

This was in white but he may have other colours

Regards
Peter

Back